Complaint Review: MAVIS TIRE

• Reported By: victor l. — rocky point New York United States of America
MAVIS TIRE
ROUTR 25A ROCKY POINT, New York United States of America

MAVIS TIRE BEWARE OF THEIR PRACTICES ROCKY POINT, New York

I ignored the warnings of neighbors and took my minivan in to mavis to have a slow leak in my tire repaired. The man is the shop (service manager?) told me I need to replace my front brakes and rodors and also had bad struts and shocks. I recently had my van at my mechanics for some work and he didnt mention any of this, and I have a very good mechanic.

I said no thanks just fix the tire. Went back to my mechanic the following day and he showed me brakes were maybe half way worn out and rodors were fine. Also the struts and shocks had no problem and should last until at least 50,000 miles.

Next time maybe I'll listen to my neighbors. They said same thing happened to them. I'd say i was almost the victim of a regular ripoff practice.

I told my coworker about what happened and he said the mavis by him is no better and they try to get you in with cheap discount prices then smooth talkers go in for the kill. Beware.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2011 08:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MAVIS-TIRE/ROCKY-POINT-New-York-11778/MAVIS-TIRE-BEWARE-OF-THEIR-PRACTICES-ROCKY-POINT-New-York-682812. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MAVIS TIRE