Complaint Review: MAYTAG (WHIRLPOOL)

• Submitted: Sun, March 21, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, April 13, 2010

• Reported By: anniew — Chatham Ontario Canada
MAYTAG (WHIRLPOOL)
2000 N. M-63, Benton Harbour Mi. 49022-2692 Benton Harbour, Michigan United States of America

MAYTAG ,WHIRLPOOL, Maytag Absolutely nothing!!! Benton Harbour , Michigan

*General Comment: Maybe I can help?

I have a 2 year old Maytag Gas Range that has a crack in one of the buttons on the display face of the range (the more button). It also has developed a chip in the enamel from some unknown source. I can live with the chip but the crack looks bad on my stove and I am sure will get increasingly bigger as time goes on. I spoke to one of the women in the corporate office and she told me since they have not had multiple complaints they will do nothing to fix the problem. I say they are very lucky if only one stove passed inspection with a default but they will not fix my problem. I am reporting this so others will think twice befor purchasing a Maytag Gas Range with pushbottons to operate. I had an Inglis hydro stove with the same kind of display panel and used it for years and never had this happen. I am very dissapointed with the appearance of the stove and the "attitude" of the people in charge.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2010 01:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MAYTAG-WHIRLPOOL/Benton-Harbour-Michigan-49022-2692/MAYTAG-WHIRLPOOL-Maytag-Absolutely-nothing-Benton-Harbour-Michigan-583637. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MAYTAG (WHIRLPOOL)

#1 General Comment

Maybe I can help?

AUTHOR: Renee - (United States of America)

Have you called a local repair shop? I'm not sure about warranties in Canada, but sometimes the control panels have an extended 5 year part wart warranty. Check your owners manual. You can find the part number to the control panel by going to www.apdepot.com and typing in your model number. The chip can probably be filled in with some white touch up paint. The Whirlpool part # for a little bottle in white is 72017. Hope it helps!