Complaint Review: MBCONTACT

• Updated: Mon, January 05, 2009

• Reported By:Chapel Hill Tennessee
MBCONTACT
Internet U.S.A.

MBCONTACT Charged my credit card with higher charge than what was stated on the ad Internet

I was checking the web to download Spybot for malware and adware and came across what I thought was the Spybot web site and there was an offer for 3 yr membership for $11.17.
I signed up for it and gave my credit card info and found on a complete other page in "mouse script" a line stating the charge would be $52.89 and stating the charge would appear on my credit card under "MBContact", there also was no place to even download the program had I been willing to go ahead and pay that ridiculous price. Upon trying to contact MBcontact, I find the 800 number listed is a complete runaround with no possible way to contact anyone and no response to the web site either.
I am filing a complaint with my credit card company under the fraud section. But just to warn other people this company is a complete RIPOFF !!!!!!

Beverly
Chapel Hill, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2009 10:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MBCONTACT/internet/MBCONTACT-Charged-my-credit-card-with-higher-charge-than-what-was-stated-on-the-ad-Interne-408490. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MBCONTACT