Complaint Review: MBContact - AVG (.org) Software

• Reported By:Ramona California
MBContact - AVG (.org) Software
http://www.avg-download-free.org/ Internet U.S.A.

MBContact - AVG (.org) Software AVG Software "copycat" Internet

I had a similar experience when attempting to buy AVG software and license. I downloaded what I "thought" was a 3-year license for about $58 charged to my credit card. The charge was approved by MBContact.com, I received confirmation email and link to continue the transaction and download the software.

I clicked on the link and found username and password to continue to the "Member's Area" where I was able to download the software. I downloaded the software and it automatically started a complete scan of my computer (which I stopped after about 3 minutes). The program was called "Security Solutions" in my list of Program Files and system tray. Alarm bells went off in my head.

I have AVG on another computer, and this just wasn't feeling right (and the price for a 3 year license was too good to be true). After snooping around more on the "Security Solutions" site, I noted there was absolutely no contact information, the link to the "support" tab did not function, and the site was virtually barren.

I emailed MBContact (no response yet - and I'm not expecting one) to NOT charge my credit card. I will also contact my VISA provider and dispute the charge. I also deleted the software as fast as I could!! If a loss of $58 is the worst thing that happens, I'll be happy. I am more concerned about the fact that MBContact has my credit card information and "Security Solutions" got at least a partial "scan" of my computer.

I have since downloaded the "real" AVG software. Watch out for sites that have similar email addresses. In this case the "copycat" address is www.avg-download-free.org/. I know that I'll be MUCH more careful in the future.

Ramona, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2009 01:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MBContact-AVG-org-Software/internet/MBContact-AVG-org-Software-AVG-Software-copycat-Internet-413558. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MBContact - AVG (.org) Software