Complaint Review: MBF Leasing - Northern Leasing - Merchant Services

• Updated: Sat, January 16, 2010

• Reported By: Tracy — East Peoria Illinois USA
MBF Leasing - Northern Leasing - Merchant Services
132 West 31st Street 14th Floor New York, New York United States of America

MBF Leasing - Northern Leasing - Merchant Services Northern Leasing MBF LEASING - Withdrawing money from my account without my authorization! Hanging up on me when I call...... New York, New York

*Consumer Comment: Tired of being ripped off

I too am a victim of MBF Leasing. I opened a bar in March 2005 with a partner, we were approached by a salesperson staing we needed a merchant service to accept credit cards, my partner signed a 48 month lease with them for a credit card machine at $126.00 a month.

After the first year my partner left the business and I assumed all debt/assets. MBF continued to withdraw their monthly fee out of the business account. I closed the business in Oct of 2008, MBF took another payment out of account Nov 2008, before I closed the account. In Dec 2008, MBF started harrassing my former partner with continuous phone calls, she directed them my way, and I spoke with her on the phone and told her I would take care of it, since it was my responsibility.

MBF started the harrassing phone calls to me, 20, 30, & 40 times a day. I spoke with them and gave them they stated I had 4 payments left to make, I also stated to them at that time the equipment was not working properly, they stated I could return it, but I would still have to make my 4 final payments. I laughed at them & said I wasnt going to return the equipment I am about to pay off so they could refurbish it and charge someone else over $6,000.00 for a $200.00 piece of equipment, I would just keep it, pay it off, & have someone else fix it, so I could use it in the future.

They then asked if I would like to make a payment over the phone, I said no, send me a bill & I will pay. They continued to harass me until I gave in & gave them my debit card number. I made a one time payment, which left 3 payments left on the contract. They asked at that time if I would like to keep my card info on file, & they could just debit the account. I stated no (very firmly) from here on out to send me a bill in the mail.

25 days later MBF withdrew another payment from my account. This withdraw was unauthorized by me, as I had told them they could not save my info. When I saw the debit from them, I called them immediately, furious that they did not have my permission to withdraw anything from my account, they stated they would reverse the charges & I should send a payment in. At that time I stated to them, they would have to send me a bill so I could have a record of the account. I never recieved a bill, and they never reversed the charges.

As of this date 9/7/09 MBF continues to withdraw money from my account, the last withdraw being in the amount of $378.09, without my permission, and after the final 4 payments have been made.

As soon as I saw the had debited my account again, I called to find out why, the employee (Joe) refused to speak with me because I am not the one who signed the lease, I asked to speak with his supervisor, he refused to let me speak with anyone, then hung up in my ear.

When the salesperson first spoke with us, he stated we could cancel the contract at any time, we would have access to a help line, & at the end of the 48 months we would own the equipment outright. None of which is true.

BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/08/2009 11:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MBF-Leasing-Northern-Leasing-Merchant-Services/New-York-New-York-10001-3405/MBF-Leasing-Northern-Leasing-Merchant-Services-Northern-Leasing-MBF-LEASING-Withdra-491689. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MBF Leasing - Northern Leasing - Merchant Services

Tired of being ripped off

AUTHOR: PODCNSMR09 - (USA)

This "company" or racket has abused me in much of the same way.  I have been ripped off and trying to fight this since 2006.  Please search You Tube for "MBF is a joke"  and join the movement to stop these people.  The only way to stop them is to speak up.  Share the video with your friends and family.  We have to bring action to this theft!