Complaint Review: MBNA America Bank

• Reported By:Port Orange Florida
MBNA America Bank
mbna.com Nationwide U.S.A.

MBNA America Bank NA ripoff Money for Nothing Wilmington Delaware

Opened a Worldpoints Platinum card on 7/20. I normally have the balances on my credit cards deducted from my bank account. When I asked to do this on opening the account I was told it couldn't be done. I called to cancel and was told that I had been lied to and it could be done online. Went online struggled through the process and had to enter an amount to set up the autopay. Called back to verify that the outstanding balance would be paid and discovered that they deduct whatever amount you enter on the autopay setup. Cancelled the card immediately.

Looked at my bank account today and they had debited the autopay amount although the account was never used and closed. When I called them back they said that although the account was closed they still take the autopay amount until it's cancelled.

Don't understand why a company would take money that doesn't belong to them.

When I tried to stop the transaction they said that they couldn't but would "mail" me the balance they owed me. Since they EFT'd the money to them I didn't see why they couldn't just EFT the money right back to me.

Port Orange, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2004 06:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MBNA-America-Bank/nationwide/MBNA-America-Bank-NA-ripoff-Money-for-Nothing-Wilmington-Delaware-99982. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MBNA America Bank