Complaint Review: MBNA America

• Submitted: Mon, July 30, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, July 30, 2007

• Reported By:Orlando Florida
MBNA America
P.o. Box 17054 Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

MBNA America Never do business with MBNA America Ripoff Wilmington Delaware

In the late 90's I bought a computer from People PC. They said it was $1500. and that they would finance it for me through a company called MBNA America. It was my first computer. My payments came to about $96. a month. After paying a few months I lost my job and was given another payment amount by someone over the phone at MBNA. It was for $61. a month. After making several payments I was late on one and then MBNA demanded that I pay the remainder with no more chances of monthly payments. At this point, I still owed about $1200 and I did not have the money, and since they refused any future monthly payments my hands were tied. They began in increase the interest and eventually ruined my credit when the balance due rose to $2,864. However, according to my credit report they wrote off the $1200 and it stated that by 2009 it would be removed from my credit report. I would say some long seven years huh?

Then one bright sunny day, I notice they sold my file to a company called Portfolio Recovery Associates. They only added a few extra dollars in interest to make me owing well over $5,000!

Both of these companies are ripoffs. And that is why I am reporting them!

Joe
Orlando, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2007 08:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MBNA-America/Wilmington-Delaware-19884/MBNA-America-Never-do-business-with-MBNA-America-Ripoff-Wilmington-Delaware-264087. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MBNA America