Complaint Review: MBNA America

• Submitted: Tue, March 07, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, March 07, 2006

• Reported By:Kyle Texas
MBNA America
P O Box 15102 Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.
  • Phone: 888-637-6262
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

MBNA America ripoff Wilmington Delaware

Over the past 6 months I have had some unforeseen financial difficulties which forced me to fall behind on my monthly payments. Prior to this I repeatedly called MBNA customer service department advising them of my situation and of the financial burdens I was experiencing. Each time I requested a lower interest rate, another payment option or something to allow me to still meet my financial obligations but would help alleviate some of the financial stress I was enduring at the time. Each and every time I was told there was nothing that could be done. No one was willing or able to help me. Month after month I called. Finally, I was forced to miss 4 months of scheduled monthly payments. Recently I was able to bring my account back up to date and the account brought back to a good and current status, however, in the meantime I have been charged late fees ($49), and outrageous interest rates (26.47%)have been enacted. Furthermore, ridiculous over-the-limit fees ($49)were charged to my account which was a direct result of all the late fees that I had been charged.

Nancy
Kyle, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2006 10:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MBNA-America/Wilmington-Delaware-19886-5102/MBNA-America-ripoff-Wilmington-Delaware-179756. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MBNA America