• Report: #209200

• Submitted: Sat, September 02, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, September 04, 2006

• Reported By:McCordsville Indiana
MBNA - FIA Card Services
mbna.com/creditcards/index.html Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.

MBNA - FIA Card Services ripoff Lied to over the phone during credit card application Wilmington Delaware

*Consumer Comment: Application Specialist

Called for a AAA VISA Credit Card at 7.9%. During the procedure I repeatedly asked the customer representative if I was qualified for 7.9%. She said yes and she is finalizing the application. When she was done, she said it would take 5-7 business days to get the card. Before we completed the call, I asked her what my interest rate was and she told me 7.9%.

When I received my card on 8/30/06, I was surprised to see it at 13.99% Preferred Card. I called their CSR number and was transferred eventually to a rate representative. I explained the situation, but she (Heather M) was not able to make any changes. She told me it was written in the agreement, I told I understood that, but during the completion of my application, I was confirmed orally at a better interest rate.

Needlesstosay, I had the card cancelled. If anyone else has been misinformed or felt fraud and negligence in disclosure of their interest rate, please let me know or if there is a class action suit against them.

Heather M mentioned they are a multi million dollar business and would not do something like this, I told her apparently they are because of this type of misinformed and fraudulent disclosures to the would be credit card holder.

Watch out for their "interest rate" over the phone and what you get in the mail!

O
McCordsville, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2006 04:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MBNA-FIA-Card-Services/Wilmington-Delaware/MBNA-FIA-Card-Services-ripoff-Lied-to-over-the-phone-during-credit-card-application-Wilm-209200. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MBNA - FIA Card Services

AUTHOR: Louise - (U.S.A.)

Mr. Oscar I am just sharing what I know about the practice. There is no need to be rude or insulting. I was suggesting that if you were looking for a class action lawsuit don't ride someone elses coat tails start your own if this is such a deceptive practice and you want to help others. I do know what a fico sscore is I have very good credit. it is something I take very seriously considering I am a Financial Advisor. Unless you looking for massive amounts of credit I wouldn't worry about one inquiry. Have a great holiday!

#5 REBUTTAL Individual responds

AUTHOR: Oscar - (U.S.A.)

Louise: If you get off your high horse and read the comments, I am angry at what was TOLD to me. It would've been no problem had the person NOT said that the card I was going to receive was the 7.9% rate which I made EXTREMELY clear this was what I was applying for.

Had she said no, that would've been end of story. When I made my calls to the CSR at BOA aka FIA Card Services, there was no name calling and no yelling. I wanted an explanation and I got it. My story here is what I experienced.

I got over it and now moving onto a better credit card rate. Now you get over your ridiculous rantings. As for any class action suits, well, only an idiot would not start one up if they felt an injustice was done.

No injustice was done to me, but I was definitely misled which may have affected my credit score. You do know what a credit score is, right?

#6 REBUTTAL Individual responds

#7 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Application Specialist

AUTHOR: Louise - (U.S.A.)

Unfortunately, You spoke to an application specialist not a credit anaylist. The Person who gives the final decision is the one who may set the interest rate. If you read the disclosures carefully you might find where it says as low as with final approval. The person taking the application can't see the final decision they just enter in the application.

There was no fraud or negligence with your interest rate, you have been disclosed everything in either writting or verbally. They have legal guidelines they have to follow strictly. Get over it! Why not start you own class action lawsuit if it bothered you that much, why ride the coat-tails of others!