Complaint Review: MBNA Gold Option

• Submitted: Fri, March 09, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, March 09, 2007

• Reported By:Lancaster South Carolina
MBNA Gold Option
100 N. King Street Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

MBNA - Bank Of America ripoff False advertisement changed APR immediately and Liars by phone Wilmington Delaware

I have been a member of MBNA for many years. I received "Gold Option" checks in the mail. It was advertised fixed rate for the entire length of the loan...5.99%. This seemed a crazy.

I called to confirm what was advertised. I was told the rate was fixed and would be for 72 months. The only thing that could change this was a late payment. I completed the transaction the same day by phone.

After the first or second bill, I noticed the rate had increased to 14.99%. I called and asked them about this. The said it was never a fixed 5.99% "loan". They don't do loans.

In other words; someone lied to me. The monthly payment never increased, only the length of the "loan". Just recently the APR increased again. I have called several times and it does no good. I am at the end of my rope...Please help!

Paul
Lancaster, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2007 10:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MBNA-Gold-Option/Wilmington-Delaware/MBNA-Bank-Of-America-ripoff-False-advertisement-changed-APR-immediately-and-Liars-by-pho-238659. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MBNA Gold Option