Complaint Review: MBNA Platinum Plus

• Submitted: Wed, June 01, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, August 12, 2007

• Reported By:Duncan Oklahoma
MBNA Platinum Plus
Wilmington, Delaware 19850-5128 Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.

MBNA America consistantly lied to me about a disputed item when I had a window of opportunity to get out of the initial contract Wilmington Delaware

*Consumer Suggestion: Class Action Lawsuit?

*Consumer Suggestion: You can get your $ back

I purchased a "Vacation" package from Grand Crowne Resorts on a Friday afternoon. Paid by credit card. After returning home I called on Monday to cancel. Was told I could not cancel my account with the Company. I then called MBNA and they told me the bill came through within thirty minutes of my signing the contract. They then told me I would have to wait until my bill came in and that they had attorneys who would help break the contract. They told me"not to worry" they were very sure I could break contract. "We are the only credit card company that can do that." Today, I received a letter telling me they could do nothing and I was responsible for the bill. They lied and caused me to put off what could probably have been undone with the company. I am distraught and need any and all advice. I do not have the money for this expenditure. I am embarrassed and ashamed of my actions, but wish that all consumers had a Heads Up Attitude and would retire their personal debt and tell the credit card companies to go butt a stump.

Kathleen
Duncan, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2005 07:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MBNA-Platinum-Plus/Wilmington-Delaware-19850-5128/MBNA-America-consistantly-lied-to-me-about-a-disputed-item-when-I-had-a-window-of-opportun-144757. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MBNA Platinum Plus

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Class Action Lawsuit?

AUTHOR: Steinein - (U.S.A.)

I've no idea if you ever resolved this, but something similar is happening to me as we speak (and was already reported as it's own file here on Ripoff report). I am considering a class-action lawsuit against MBNA/Bank of America/FIA Card services. If you're interested in joining me (the more the merrier), please email.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

You can get your $ back

AUTHOR: Ken - (U.S.A.)

If you did put the charge on a credit card you can get your money back. Simple put in a "Charge Back". This is something that the credit card companies alow you to do when you bought something that was not what it was sold as. You can probably name 100s of things that you were told that are not true- write down a few of them and do the charge back. Also to get out of the contract send in a certified letter to the company that you were deceived and want to cancell.

Mention the charge back and state that if they do NOT cancell you will do everything humanly possible to financially harm their company including but not limited to; States Attorny, BBB, Chamber of Commerce, Rip-off Report, AARP, etc, etc- They will let you go to not get the bad publicity.
AGAIN- You need to first do the charge back.
GOOD LUCK