Complaint Review: MBNA

• Submitted: Wed, October 27, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, October 27, 2004

• Reported By:san antonio Texas
MBNA
mbna.com Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.

MBNA Bank Rate Increase ripoff Wilmington Delaware

I've had an account with MBNA for years. Recently I cancelled this account because they kept increasing my rate. At first it was a hike from 12.99% to 19.99%. I did not notice this increase because it was a on a small leaflet that looked like just another advertisement in their bill. The second increase they sent a separate envelope in which they informed me that they were raising their rate to 23% interest. I immediately wrote to cancel my card, and I paid the balance in full. I had only gone over my limit once, and I had never been more than 10 days late on my payment. I checked my credit and it's near spotless. I can't figure out why they decided they did not want me as a customer.

If you do business with them, read EVERYTHING they send you before you discard it, and make sure you have enough capitol to cover yourself if they decide to pull this on you.

To add a funny note to this, just to get a free credit report I re-applied to the same company for the same card. Not only did was I APPROVED for the account, they gave me a lower rate than I had previously!

No, I won't use the card, but it is a good example of a company who cant keep track of their own accounts!

Shawna
san antonio, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/27/2004 03:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MBNA/Wilmington-Delaware/MBNA-Bank-Rate-Increase-ripoff-Wilmington-Delaware-114917. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MBNA