Complaint Review: MBPI

• Submitted: Fri, July 10, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, July 10, 2009

• Reported By:Dolton Illinois
MBPI
250 NE Mulberry Lee's Summit, Missouri U.S.A.

MBPI FOUND ANOTHER VICTIM Lee's Summit Missouri

MBPI should have a law suit coming from the general public for the distrustful practices they provide. My transmission on my 2002 Lincoln LS V8 went out last week and I had a policy with MBPI. Now there is an exclusion on the back of the contract that was sent to me in the mail for my state which is Illinois. The exclusion is, "We do not cover any parts that have normal and abnormal wear and tear". Okay if that is the case then they need not sell their insurance in Illinois. So back to my situation, they tell me to take the car to a dealership and they tell the dealership that they will have to open up the transmission in order to see if it has normal wear and tear. So the dealership asks me if I'd like them to do this because if the claim is declined, then I will have to pay $872.00 for taking apart the transmission. I figured that since I was covered, then there shouldn't be any problems. Also, MBPI said they would have to send out a representative to look at the trans to see if it was normal wear and tear or not. So by the time they had removed the trans, MBPI called them and said that they will not cover the claim because my car shows up on the carfax history report as a "totaled vehicle". I had no knowledge of this but later found out that the vehicle was stolen and not recovered within 30 days. The vehicle was then written off as totaled. Even though the car had not been totaled in an accident. So now I'm stuck with $873.00 of trans removal as well as a bill for a new trans of $4300. Of course I had the dealership put my trans in a box and shipped my car to a transmission shop. MBPI was looking for every way possible to not pay my claim. I know that even if the carfax report came back clean, they would have sent a rep out to look over the parts and say, yes, this is normal wear and tear and we don't cover it. Now they did cover one claim for $670.00 at one point for oil pan gaskets, without checking a carfax history report. But when you factor in that I paid $1500.00 for this policy, I"m still out $830.00. I wish I had done my homework before I bought this policy. I hope you still have time because they will try their best not to cover it. They pull you in with the bumper to bumper coverage but I've taken my car to the shop 4 times and they only covered one item. The rest they stated that the exact wordage has to be in the contract for it to be covered. It's a sham!!

Reese
Dolton, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2009 04:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MBPI/Lees-Summit-Missouri-64086/MBPI-FOUND-ANOTHER-VICTIM-Lees-Summit-Missouri-468419. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MBPI