Complaint Review: MBRB

• Updated: Mon, September 03, 2012

• Reported By: Ryan — White Bear Lake Minnesota USA
MBRB
PO Box 161 Circle Pines, Minnesota United States of America

MBRB Metro Bowhunters Resource Base Illegal organization Circle Pines, Minnesota

*UPDATE Employee: MBRB Legit and Legal

*Consumer Comment: Setting the record straight

The MBRB is a crooked illegal organization that preys on the innocent. They will sales pitch you that it is a lottery and deer removal system but they really are poaching deer.

They will bait deer and arrow deer at night under house lights. Certain cities will approve them for deer removal but then in return they will only go after trophy racks to put them on their wall and even one lady entered her deer in the record books like it was legal. She was all over the news. The place she shot it was a fenced in park. I believe her name was Deb.

I was a local college kid that joined the organization just to get out close to home and harvest some meat. I was attending school and had no time to hunt far from home so I chose this organzation. I thought it would fill my freezer for the year to save money.

I didn't get drawn for any deer removal hunts three years in a row but found out that 6 of the same guys and girls would get chosen all three of the years. Funny thing is that they were all hunt coordinators.

I heard they pocket the fee to join now.

Stay away from these shady poachers. I don't remember any last names but some of the first names were Ron, Scott, Deb, Marlene, Mike and Rob.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2011 03:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MBRB/Circle-Pines-Minnesota-55014/MBRB-Metro-Bowhunters-Resource-Base-Illegal-organization-Circle-Pines-Minnesota-705511. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MBRB

MBRB Legit and Legal

AUTHOR: Bob Stach - ()

I have bowhunted with the MBRB for over 7 years. The organization is run very professionally and certainly in accordance with the law and all DNR guidelines.
Unethical behavior among it's members is not tolerated and strictly enforced. There is a big emphasis on humane treatment of the deer we hunt. MBRB members are held accountable to make clean accurate shots and not wound deer. We respect the land we hunt, the entities that own the land, and well the surrounding residents.
The accusations of baiting, poaching, and selective drawings are false. I  question the motivation of the person who posted these malicious comments.

Setting the record straight

AUTHOR: Ron Lehner - (United States of America)

To all individuals that read this report, I almost did not join this organization when I read this complaint.

The more I looked at the report it's obviosly baseless. Cities are going to approve an organization to poach deer, right! Better yet, the DNR would allow an organization to shoot deer under lights.

The reason I felt compelled to come back to this post is so that others like me, that are looking for alternate places to hunt do not get mislead by this crap.

I registered for the MBRB this year for the first time, past the online test, attended the field day required, applied for hunts and I was succesfully drawn. Is it possible to not get drawn for three years, sure it's a lottery.

I will also say that, going through this process was fun and I did learn quite a few things. Especially the field day safety segment, and I've been bowhunting for 35 years.

Sometimes common sense prevails, After reading through this previous complaint several times, I was able to determine that it is a complete joke, for lack of better words!

I have been impressed by the requirements neccesary to be able to have the oppourtunity to be part of these hunts by the MBRB. This is a first class organization, keep it up!!

Ron Lehner