Complaint Review: MBW Furniture

• Updated: Tue, April 06, 2010

• Reported By: Dave — Punta Gorda Florida United States of America
MBW Furniture
4777 Fulton Industrial Blvd. Alanta, Georgia United States of America

MBW Furniture Handmade Bar with mismatched doors, Marble glued patched and cracked. Company refused to take care of the problem Alanta , Georgia

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: BAR SOLD

I purchased a home bar fom MBW furniture. The company offered additional insurance which I declined. When the bar came to my home, I had it unpacked and found the marble to be of poor quality. ie, chips, cracks, blemishes, glues and putty were used to to fill cracks and chips. I had a Granite & Marble dealer come to the house and he stated that the marble was absolutely horrible. There are six doors on the back bar of which the trim size, decal size, and wood veneers on two of the doors are totally different. After calling customer service I was told that the marble was fine when it left the factory and the shipper must of damaged it. There is one crack which could have happened during shipping but the filled chips and puttied crack wre not done by the shipper.The corner where the mable meets have excess glue extending out almost one inch on each surface. The bar was extremly well crated and there was no damage to the wood crates. The company told me the doors were different because they are hand crafted. Pretty good when hand crafted means inferior quality. The company did offer to let me return the bar but the shipping and repacking cost would be my responsiblity and I would be responsible for any damage in the retun shipping. I don't feel this is an option. In summary, I feel that my experience with MBW Furniture has been totally unsatisfactory.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2010 12:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MBW-Furniture/Alanta-Georgia-30336/MBW-Furniture-Handmade-Bar-with-mismatched-doors-Marble-glued-patched-and-cracked-Compa-588871. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MBW Furniture

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

BAR SOLD

AUTHOR: mbwfurniture - (United States of America)

It saddens us to see such remarks about our product and services and after 13 years of being in business feel like this customer is not being reasonable and unwilling to 'work things out' for a win-win solution .

We offered our customer every option we could think of in order to make him and his wife happy.  We offered  the following options:

1. To build another bar from scratch and swap out with the one customer received.

2. To send the doors back to the factory and have them rebuilt at our cost.

3. There was a slight crack in the marble and customer wants us to pay for an entire new granite top.  We would be happy to get the small crack repaired at our cost or even offer a partial refund to assist with the repairs, but customers wants us to pay for an entire new granite top.

We are at a loss.  If you are not happy with an item, you should have the right to return it to the seller and we give all customers 30 days to do this.  We also offered customer to build another bar from scratch and swap out with the one they have.

We offered another option of repairing the doors oat our costs.  We have done everything we can do bt nothing seems to make this customer happy and he does not want to return the bar unless we pay to ship it back.  A solution would be to transport it himself from Florida to Georgia to save on the costs.  We feel like we have done everything in our power to make this a positive experience and offer a win win solution and do not know what else we can do at this point.  We still hope to try to work things out as we sell excellent quality bars and offer top notch custome service.  We will need our valued customer to try to work with us to try to get this resolved and hope we can still have a positive dialogue and work towards a resolution.  We really hate to see unhappy customers and would like to put this to rest as we do not like seeing unhappy customers.

Regretfully.