Complaint Review: MCI - CBCS Collections

• Submitted: Sat, May 28, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, May 28, 2005

• Reported By:Conway Arkansas
MCI - CBCS Collections
PO BOX 69 Columbus, Ohio U.S.A.

MCI - CBCS Collections Stop unwarranted collection attempts and harassment RIPOFF! Columbus Ohio

I had a dispute with MCI on the amount of a phone bill after (1) month of service. I spent several months discussing this with MCI before we finally reached a settlement. I paid the agreed amount of the settlement directly to MCI and assummed that the problem had been resolved. I was very wrong.

6 months passed and I started receiving phone calls from CBCS concerning the debt owed MCI. I told them that I had reached a settlement with MCI and agreed to fax them a copy of the canceled check in the amount of the agreed settlement.

It appears that MCI cashed the check I sent for the amount that we had agreed upon AND THEN turned me over to the ruthless collection agency and the harassment began. I faxed numerous copies of my settlement agreement and canceled check to both MCI and to CBCS and have had no sucess in stopping the phone calls.

To all others that are having this problem we need to ban together and begin a class action suit against MCI for their deceptive practices. It is unlawful to agree to a settlement and then continue with collection proceedings.

We have right and need to stand together and fight back, What is right is right. It's no wonder MCI went through the financial scandal they did, it's the way they do business and the way they treat their customers.

If you're tired of the abuse, lying and deceptive practices used by MCI then stand up and be heard. RIGHT IS RIGHT!

Conway, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/28/2005 12:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MCI-CBCS-Collections/Columbus-Ohio-43216/MCI-CBCS-Collections-Stop-unwarranted-collection-attempts-and-harassment-RIPOFF-Columbu-144314. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MCI - CBCS Collections