Complaint Review: MCI Telecommunications

• Submitted: Fri, August 30, 2002
  • Updated: Fri, August 30, 2002

• Reported By:Detroit Mich
MCI Telecommunications
PO Box 17890 Denver, Colorado U.S.A.

MCI Worlcom, MCI Telecommunications ripoff false promises Denver Colorado

MCI Worldcom is a fraud.

Two months ago I left my phone company when a representative talked me into signing up with them with what sounded like a good deal.

I was promised that my phone plan would include local toll calls for $31.95 a month. I went through a list of local toll numbers that I frequently call with the representative to be sure what she was telling me was correct. She assured me they were all considered local calls and that I would not be charged extra for them.

When I received my first phone bill there were extra charges for toll calls. I called customer service to find out why. I was assured that it was a mistake and that the representative was correct in telling me that my plan included local toll calls and was credited the amount of the extra charges. I recorded all this just in case.

I received my second phone bill. Sure enough there were extra charges for local toll calls again. This time when I contacted customer service I was told by the supervisor there is no such plan. I was credited the extra charges the first time because the representative had given me the wrong information and that they can't keep crediting me everytime.

I now have a $91.00 phone bill of which $36.26 are extra charges for local toll calls with area codes of 248, 586, and 734 in which I was assured were condidered to be local calls.

I can see why MCI is going bankrupt. Not only are their CEO'S corrupt their employees are liers and manipulative. The company is a fraud.

I will be reporting this to the Better Business Bureau and am warning everybody out there. Do not get sucked in to MCI's lies.

Sharon
Detroit, Montana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2002 02:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MCI-Telecommunications/Denver-Colorado-80217-0890/MCI-Worlcom-MCI-Telecommunications-ripoff-false-promises-Denver-Colorado-28545. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MCI Telecommunications