Complaint Review: MCI The Neighborhood

• Submitted: Fri, May 09, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, May 09, 2003

• Reported By:Decatur Georgia
MCI The Neighborhood
22001 Loudoun County Parkway Asburn, Virginia U.S.A.

MCI The Neighborhood LIES & RIPOFF! Deceptive, fraudulent MCI tricked and lied to me AsburnAsburn Virginia

MCI continues to lie to the public! One would think that after their horrid corporate scandal, MCI would have cleaned up its act. Not so.

An MCI sales representative called me to sell me on the MCI Neighborhood local calling plan. I switched from Bell South only because the MCI plan was to save me a few cents. In a delicate financial situation, this small savings was worth the switch to me.

HOWEVER, the sales rep lied to me about the actual costs. I was given a fabricated discount called a "Lifetime Discount" which was to knock down the Neighborhood Standard price from $18.99 a month to $17.24 a month.

The sales rep also went over the surcharges/fees/taxes for me at my request. He failed to inform me of a 0.5 percent Carrier Cost Recover Charge per month.

Upon receciving the actual costs detailed for me in a plan guide, I called customer service to complain. I was transfered to Ms. Miller, an MCI Priority Customer Support person, who informed me that she was "sorry." Not good enough. I told her MCI should be responsible to switch me back to Bell South due to deception and fraud. She responded that I could switch back to my old plan by calling Bell South, and that the switch would, of course, cost me a connection fee. I could then fax the charges to MCI, and they "would see about reimbursing me."

As I am poor, I am unable to afford the switch upfront and then face an indefinate wait for charges which may OR MAY NOT be reimbursed. I am therefore held hostage by MCI!!!

Decatur, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2003 01:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MCI-The-Neighborhood/Asburn-Virginia-20147/MCI-The-Neighborhood-LIES-RIPOFF-Deceptive-fraudulent-MCI-tricked-and-lied-to-me-Asbur-56335. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MCI The Neighborhood