Complaint Review: MCI The Neighborhood

• Submitted: Tue, June 14, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, August 17, 2005

• Reported By:Houston Texas
MCI The Neighborhood
mci.com Houston, Texas U.S.A.

MCI The Neighborhood switch your phone company, marketing ripoff Houston Texas

*Consumer Comment: SIMILAR SITUATION

FACTS:

THEY CALLED ME

A) One month of free local Service +
B) Lowering your Monthly Phone Bill

WHAT I Got:

A) Outrageously Higher Surcharges and Taxes. Conclusion not only I am not saving but now I am paying a lot more for my phone.

B) My Long Distance was Canceled because they concluded and said "you did several international phone calls the first day of service" I guess they expected me to ask for their permission everytime I wanted to make an internation call.

C) It took me time and patience to get the long distance resumed. By the way customer service is the worst. Affortunately I have a speaker on my phone and it was less frustrating to be on hold for almost 30 minutes, at least I ve been able to do other things.

D) They SPAM your mail box. They use their bill envelope as an advertising channel for other companies you get a bunch of flyers and brochures.

WHAT I AM GOING TO DO:

1) This file here

2) Tell every single person I now about this experience and ask them to forward to all their friends and relatives

3) Contact the Public Utility Comission of Texas, with a copy of THIS report, a copy of a bill from my previous company and a copy of MCIs bill in order to have them observing how false is MCI s claim that you save money by switching to their company.

4) Contact the the "Consumer Report" and other medias, with a copy of THIS report, a copy of a bill from my previous company and a copy of MCIs bill in order to have them observing how false is MCI s claim that you save money by switching to their company.

Sincelrely
KB

Karim
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2005 03:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MCI-The-Neighborhood/Houston-Texas-77041/MCI-The-Neighborhood-switch-your-phone-company-marketing-ripoff-Houston-Texas-146175. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MCI The Neighborhood

SIMILAR SITUATION

AUTHOR: Salvatore - (U.S.A.)

I have had a similar situation with MCI. What happen was I needed to except collect calls for a period of time. I use to have SBC which have outrages rates also, but that's another topic. Anyway, I talked to an MCI rep and was told that not only would my local phone bill be about half of SBC, but I would only be charged 9cents per min in the a.m. and 12-19cents per minute in the p.m. to except collect calls, so I switched to MCI.

Well, the first month was free so I didn't really realize how much they were charging me for the collect calls, but by the time I received my second bill, yes my local plan was about half of what SBC was. But it was over $800 just for the collect calls. They were charging me 33cents-$1.00 per minute! I called several times waiting on hold for ever each time, but had gotten no where with them. At one point they pretty much called me a liar and said that they didn't quote me at that price, but when I asked them to play back the original conversation that was supposed to be recorded, they told me that they didn't know if it was ever recorded and if it was it would be impossible to find. I told them that they record the calls for there benefit only not ours (the customer).

Anyway, good thing I have a Pre-paid legal plan. My Pre-paid attorney wrote MCI a letter on my behalf and a few weeks later MCI credited my account $650! They had adjusted my account to 10cents per min. The power of having an attorney on detainer is great!