sticks

MCI-The Neighborhood
www.mci.com Nationwide U.S.A.

MCI Worldcom ripoff scam Nationwide USA

*0: Sherri: 1, MCI-The Neighborhood: 0

TRYING TO BLOCK ME FROM CHANGING LOCAL SERVICE PROVIDER deceptive company .....

Due to the fact that MCI Local gave me the runaround on why, four weeks after requesting it, my phone number had not been changed and I got the exact same line each time: "Call us back in 24-48 hours. We will be able to update our information by then."

Being tired of this, I called AT&T Local to switch my loca, local toll and long distance. Well, the local toll and long distance changed, but MCI BLOCKED AT&T from changing my local service. How did I find this out? AT&T called me. After talking to them, I replaced the order, which means now that the earliest will be on Monday.

I am now FURIOUS, so I call MCI to inquire as to what in the hell makes them think I can't change my local service. THe excuse? "Oh, the change must have been rejected because AT&T entered the wrong telephone number."

Uh, sweetheart, OBVIOUSLY, this is a line of BS, as if AT&T did not have the right number, they would have been totally unable to call me to TELL me MCI blocked my service provider change.

I sent customer service at MCI an email reiterating that my local service provider is to be changed, and to also let them know that I have notified the California Public Utilities Commission, just as a safeguard.

What I truly think is that they figured I may check the 1-700 number to verify my long distance had changed and so I would assume that my local was changed as well and wouldn't figure it out until I got the next bill. I thank AT&T for calling me, yet I would have figured it out..I ordered caller ID with AT&T, which still doesn't work.

Sherri
RichmonD, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2002 07:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MCI-The-Neighborhood/nationwide/MCI-Worldcom-ripoff-scam-Nationwide-USA-35209. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MCI-The Neighborhood

#1 0

AUTHOR: - ()

I got another notification this morning from AT&T that MCI again blocked them from changing my local service, due to "lack of authorization." Uh, I have TWICE confirmed it with a Third Party Verifier and I have also EMAILED MCI on their website, indicating that I DID want my service changed.

Being tired of this, I initiated a little three way call this morning with MCI AND the Consumer Affairs Division of the California Public Utilities Commission. The instant that PUC is mentioned, WHAM, MCI "found the glitch" and informed me that "AT&T can switch your service at any time."

This switch unfortunately, will take 3-5 business days more, as I had to reorder due to the games MCI decided to play, but at least I can now advise others with similar problems to get your state Utilities Commission involved if you must, as that seems to be MCI's "achilles heel."

#2 0