Complaint Review: MCI WIRELESS

• Submitted: Sun, April 07, 2002
  • Updated: Sun, April 07, 2002

• Reported By:san diego ca

WORLDCOM WIRELESS ripoff dishonest ripoffs the business that doesn't give a dam CITY OF INDUSTRYGARDENCITYGARDEN CITY New York

Me and m husband sa bought out cell phone from this Company. When we move to another location (Military Move. I have requested for a new area code. Unfortunately they told me that I have to purchase new phone since my phone will not work on the location where we at.
I Decidedd not to that and just use the same area code. After a month I started getting 2 bills from this company with 2 different account number one is mine and the other not.
I Ccontacted their office and customer service did admit that it was an error and was assured that they will take care of the problem. I continued to get this bill and have contacted their office in writtings since it takes 45 to an hour wait before youcan get someone to talk too in their customer service and i youdecided to use their cell phone your time accumulates. Each month the statement adds up and nothing is being done I also requested to diconnect my service since my contract is also up in writtings because i can never get a hold of anybody in their office unless you have nothing to do but stay on the phone for an hour.

With my husband's case he notice that his statement did not match the contract that he has signed with MCI. He has signed a free weekend free nights with 300 minutes free off peak but his statement only show 150 minutes free. As ussual he called and was on hold for an hour finally get to talk to someone and was instructed to mail contract to them and statement to them which we did. Nothing was ever done so i decided to write to them and send statement back but still no action was taken, His bills went up to more than $1000.00
WE FINALLY FILED A COMPLAIN TO CALIFORNIA PUBLIC UTILITIES COMISSION and after a month we received a letter from MCI apologizing and asking us to pay the balance.

san diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2002 03:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MCI-WIRELESS/GARDEN-CITY-New-York-11530/WORLDCOM-WIRELESS-ripoff-dishonest-ripoffs-the-business-that-doesnt-give-a-dam-CITY-OF-IN-18358. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MCI WIRELESS