Complaint Review: MCI WORLDCOM

• Updated: Sat, June 01, 2002

• Reported By:
MCI WORLDCOM
Nationwide U.S.A.

Awestruck at MCI Worldcom, harassing & extremely inflated bills.

*Consumer Suggestion: Everyone re; MCI WorldCom Wireless over charging

*0:

I am amazed at the ability that a company has in harassing an unsuspecting mom of 12. I had it easy when we just trusted people, had NO PHONE and only had to hitch up the horse and buggy to get to a pay phone, using a prepaid phone card. MCI has been IMPOSSIBLE to talk to or reason with.

At first they laid out a seemingly nice plan for a decent price. It is all verbal of course. Then they became my long distance service. Then they shut it off. Then They opened a new account with new number. The turn-on charges were doubled. The rates were ridiculous, not what had been accepted. They Called me one Saturdy night threatening o shut off my service since my bill was over $300 (due to their errors). I told them to shut it down. They said they couldn't. 8-O

I have spent HOURS of MY VALUABLE TIME on the phone with these people with no success. One representative made a *deal* that was only good for settlement THAT NIGHT. Again, nothing in writing!! The catch was that he have my credit card number get access to my bank account. NOT!!!

They do not care to fix things. They have no face to talk to in person. Nothing is tangible. Now they have collection agencies harassing me several times a day for extremely inflated bills. This is not right. I am not sure of my recourse but feel that I should warn others. Hope this hes someone out there.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MCI-WORLDCOM/nationwide/Awestruck-at-MCI-Worldcom-harassing-extremely-inflated-bills-8889. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MCI WORLDCOM

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Everyone re; MCI WorldCom Wireless over charging

AUTHOR: Cynthia - ()

Email/Call your state Public Utilities Commission
with the overcharging problem. The amount of complaints here for the same issue is a serious problem and needs addressing. Class Action Suit seems fitting.

#2 0