Complaint Review: MCI WorldCOM Wireless

• Submitted: Fri, March 08, 2002
  • Updated: Fri, March 08, 2002

• Reported By:Granite City IL
MCI WorldCOM Wireless
worldcom.com New York, New York U.S.A.

MCI WorldCOM Wireless dishonest billing and rude customer service ripoff New York New York

I received a mail offer for a free phone from Worldcom in April 2000. I signed up for the program. When I activated my phone it worked fine, except everytime I tried to use it the screen would read "roam". I contacted customer service and they informed me this was ok. I received my bill later that month and every call I had made was long-distance. I again contacted customer service, the represenative was very rude. He told me that he did not even show my city on their coverage map. I told him that it should be there since im located right outside of St.Louis and that they sent me this offer. He began arguing with me telling me where I lived, which I think I would know. He told me that all the numbers I called must have been just barely out of my calling area. These people live in the same town with me! I am now waiting for my contract to be up so I can disconnect service. I just spoke with a represenative and she was very polite, her name was Rainbow. She told me my account would be up on April 5,2002. I guess when I call to cancel my account we will see if she gave me the correct information.

Granite CIty, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MCI-WorldCOM-Wireless/New-York-New-York/MCI-WorldCOM-Wireless-dishonest-billing-and-rude-customer-service-ripoff-New-York-New-York-16267. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MCI WorldCOM Wireless