Complaint Review: (MCI) Worldcom Wireless

• Submitted: Tue, February 05, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, February 05, 2002

• Reported By:
(MCI) Worldcom Wireless
P.O. Box 79361 City of Industry, California U.S.A.

MCI Worldcom Wireless - continues billing me 9 months after I cancelled service ripoff scam

On May 31, 2001, I faxed a letter to MCI Worldcom Wireless to cancel my cell phone service. I had waited to cancel until my contract was up so I would not have to pay their penalty.
When I received a bill in June, I was told it was for the period of service before I cancelled the service. However, I continues to receive a monthly bill and each month when I called, they had no record of my ever cancelling the service. I would then refax the original letter cancelling my service. (Deja vu? Groundhog Day? Same story every month.)
Finally, in November, I spoke to very first non-rude Customer Service person. She did cancel my service but only from Novemeber on.
So, the company states I owe over $300 for monthly service charges for phone service I cancelled in May. (I had actually stopped using the service in April!).
I have been reported to a collection agency as a result. In January, I faxed the original letter and another letter to the CS Manager (who I have never been allowed to speak with), along with a new letter letting them know I was going to file a complaint with the FCC if the matter was not cleared up.
The response? 1) Another bill and 2)a comment that unless I can produce a "receipt", they have no evidence of "ever" receiving a fax from me. (Funny thing is, the CS Rep. stated they had a record of receiving my fax in May and in Nov.)
This company is either grossly incompetent or grossly criminal in nature.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MCI-Worldcom-Wireless/City-of-Industry-California-91716-9361/MCI-Worldcom-Wireless-continues-billing-me-9-months-after-I-cancelled-service-ripoff-sca-13358. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on (MCI) Worldcom Wireless