Complaint Review: MCI Worldcom Wireless

• Submitted: Mon, March 25, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, March 25, 2002

• Reported By:
MCI Worldcom Wireless
New York New York, New York U.S.A.

Worldcom Wireless MCI Worldcom Wireless Cannot believe this company can stay in business. consumer fraud ripoff New York New York

I began using an MCI Worldcom wireless phone last May. My first bill did not arrive until October. It was for $258, but gave no explanation of what it was for. Thinking that it seemed reasonable for the time I had the phone, I paid the bill. The next bill I received wasn't until January this year. It was for $1400 and included late fees. I called the company and asked for statements from the beginning of my contract. They sent me statements for four months which added up to $350. I called them again and the customer service rep said "Well why don't you pay the $350?". I said "Because I am trying to figure out if I am being charged correctly." Then I told him not to question me, that I am a customer and desire to be treated fairly. He told me that he did not have to listen to me, and when I asked for a supervisor, I was hung up on. I called back again and asked for a supervisor and was treated a little better this time. I asked to receive all statements itemized, and am waiting on them now. Will post a follow up.

Deer Park, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MCI-Worldcom-Wireless/New-York-New-York-10087/Worldcom-Wireless-MCI-Worldcom-Wireless-Cannot-believe-this-company-can-stay-in-business-17566. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MCI Worldcom Wireless