Complaint Review: MCI Worldcom Wireless

• Submitted: Mon, March 15, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, March 15, 2004

• Reported By:san francisco California
MCI Worldcom Wireless
P.O. Box 5912 GPO, New York, New York U.S.A.

MCI Worldcom Wireless rip-off! New York, New York

Because of tons of wrong billings, I closed my cell phone account with MCI Worldcom Wireless in February 2002. At that time, I asked them to send me a statement showing that I had 0 balance on my account. They denied.

In October 2002, I got a notice from a collection agency, Progressive Financial Services, saying that I had a balance due of $174. I called this company and explained that I did not owe Worldcom anything. After several phone calls, I gave up talking to those guys because it was such an unpleasant experience. I called Worldcom again. I've given confirmation number and I've been promised that they would notify the collection agency that my balance had been totally paidoff at the time I closed my account.

In March 2004, I received another notice from the same collection agency, saying that I still owe $137. They threatened to submit a negative credit report to credit reporting agency. After one and half years, I could not find the confirmation number, but I have my last statement and my check to that statement. I really hate to talk to those collection guys, because they were so impolite and they didn't care to hear my explanation. I tried to contact Worldcom Wireless to obtain a new confirmation, but they haven't called me back.

Could someone please help me to get hold of Worldcom?

Kitty
san francisco, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2004 10:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MCI-Worldcom-Wireless/New-York-New-York/MCI-Worldcom-Wireless-rip-off-New-York-New-York-83906. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MCI Worldcom Wireless