Complaint Review: MCI Worldcom Wireless

• Updated: Fri, August 30, 2002

• Reported By:Bronx NY
MCI Worldcom Wireless
MCIWorldcomWireless.com Internet U.S.A.

MCI Worldcom Wireless Show me the Bill, I'll show you the money! ripoff business from hell Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: It's not about the money, it's about how they do business

I signed a one year contract with MCI in May 1999. I received the first bill and paid promptly but after that no more bills came. i called in regularly requesting statements but they always had a problem with their computers being shut down or their network being upgraded.

i paid what they stated i owed over phone calls until one day they stated that my balance was over $3000. It turned out that they were billing me based on a 100 minute plan instead of the 500 minute plan and i requested that this error be adjusted. However my friend went and paid $3200 without us ever receiving an itemized statement and requested the service be terminated on the one year anniversary - May 18, 2000.

We paid what they stated was the full amount owed and then late last year they begin sending me bills for over $1000 for service and a beeper which i never received and they even admitted was never activated. I requested an itemized statement and they agreed to send it but that was months and months ago.

When they threatened to put my account in collections in March 2002 I threatened to sue but nothing has happened. I have requested itemized statements over 5 times and all they say is that they were printed and sent but I NEVER receive them.

All I receive are the bills and now they have transferred my account to the collection agency for $658.50 because i have unfortunately continued to pay even though i NEVER received an itemized statement only to protect my credit. This is so unfair!

i am taking them to small claims court but i feel that there should be a class action suit filed against this company who has no doubt no only cheated me out of money but hundreds and maybe thousands of other consumers!

Liana
Bronx, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2002 10:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MCI-Worldcom-Wireless/internet/MCI-Worldcom-Wireless-Show-me-the-Bill-Ill-show-you-the-money-ripoff-business-from-hell-28155. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MCI Worldcom Wireless

#1 Consumer Suggestion

It's not about the money, it's about how they do business

AUTHOR: H - ()

My account was also transferred into collection for $150. It's not about the money, it's about how they do business. It's unacceptable! I didn't received any bills from them for the past 10 months after I closed my account and why all the sudden into collection? I believe something must be done here. I wrote an email to ABC today too. I couldn't find any info about class action lawsuit against them.