Complaint Review: MCI Worldcom

• Updated: Mon, November 19, 2001

• Reported By:dolgeville NY
MCI Worldcom
Troy, New York U.S.A.

MCI Worldcom wireless, cellphone billing and no customer service

*0:

I recieved a phonecall at home soliciting a free cell phone and no start up fee. I asked for detailed info on the service and was told they would ship it to me with my permission. Having given them my address I recieved 2 phones and info on how to begin using them,but that the service had to be activated by using the phones to call a number.

I used my home phone to call as there was no detailed info with the phones as I had asked, NO ANSWER after 5 tries to get through. I returned the phones at MY expense and have since recieved 2 sets of monthly service charges,with late fees for the first month.

I have never been able to get through to them AT ALLand NEVER ACTIVATED A PHONE either. What a scam,when will they be held accountable for doing business like this ? By the way,I also tried to call and say I had a rotary phone after prompted to press a number to say that and then was asked to press more numbers so they "could better serve me" Who has the nerve in that company to pull such a scam?
BEWARE MCI.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MCI-Worldcom/Troy-New-York-13329/MCI-Worldcom-wireless-cellphone-billing-and-no-customer-service-7924. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MCI Worldcom