Complaint Review: MCI Worldcom

• Reported By:Burke Virginia
MCI Worldcom
Nationwide Nationwide U.S.A.

MCI Worldcom ripoff Nationwide Nationwide

On May 5, 2004 I called MCI Long distance 1800 to make an international COLLECT CALL. An operator asked me for the number and conected the call, I talked 12 minutes, everything ok.

But, then they charge me $63.03 for that call to my Verizon local phone bill when this charge should be billed to the call receiver.

I tried to complain and dispute this charge.

First I called Verizon, they told me they didn't know nothing about it and I should call MCI.

So I called to MCI, I was 40 minutes on the phone talking with 4 or 5 customers representatives, finally a supervisor named Mrs. Carla Sepulvera told me that this call was a collect call from Argentina to my home and it wa accepted by me, that is wrong. I made the collect call from my home to Argentina (In fact to my Bank in Buenos Aires #+54 11 4329-5000). I tried to explain it to Mrs Sepulvera but she was not helpful and told me that there was nothing to do I must pay it. I tried to speak with a manager but she said no manager was there at that time.

So I had to pay for a MCI billing error or Operator mistake...

Anyone there who can help me disputing this charge?

Alexandria, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2004 07:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MCI-Worldcom/nationwide/MCI-Worldcom-ripoff-Nationwide-Nationwide-99027. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MCI Worldcom