Complaint Review: MCI

• Submitted: Fri, March 08, 2002
  • Updated: Fri, March 08, 2002

• Reported By:lewis center oh
MCI
PO BOX 4600 IOWA CITY, Iowa U.S.A.

MCI LONG DISTANCE TAKES BACK ITS PROMISES ripoff deceptive company IOWA CITY Iowa

On March 3rd 2001 MCI called me and got me to switch to their long distance service.For switching I was supposed to receive 5000 American Express reward points( 1000 points per month for the next 5 months).

After contacting the Better Business Bureau(complaint #353440)they contacted MCI and they(MCI) gave me my points on 9-14-01.

The Better Business Bureau sent me a follow up 1 month later asking if the situation was resolved . I said yes so that should have been it.
On Oct 24 MCI requested my points back from American Express. American Express then gave my 5000 points(cost)back to MCI. With numerous calls back to MCI no one will give me a answer. I have all documentation and some names(Ray Allen MCI supervisor 703-341-2943)he was the most helpful if I can say that.
On Dec.13-01 I spoke to a Karl and he said he would get my points back by close of business on Dec 14 2001. This did not happen.

Help me teach these folks a lesson.

dan
lewis center, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MCI/IOWA-CITY-Iowa-52244/MCI-LONG-DISTANCE-TAKES-BACK-ITS-PROMISES-ripoff-deceptive-company-IOWA-CITY-Iowa-16313. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MCI