Complaint Review: MCI

• Submitted: Wed, May 05, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, May 21, 2004

• Reported By:Orlando Florida
MCI
www.mci.com Washington, District of Columbia U.S.A.

MCI Long Distance They have suspended my business service because they believe it was to high, and will not reinstate even though payment was made Washington, District of Columbia

*Consumer Comment: Business Rip off

I have a new Business, and our long distance service was established with MCI. We just received our first bill and our services have been suspended, including our toll free numbers which are our main source of income.

I called MCI and after being transferred to 8 different people, the fraud department told me I had to establish a billing history with them. My bill was $239 which I paid inmediately, but they also wanted payment of $ 193 for "Unbilled charges on the account".

I spent two hours on the phone with them, called my bank and verified funds, and also made a payment as they had requested for the additional $ 193 for those "Unbilled charges" for which I have not even received a bill.

An hour later, I received another call from MCI telling me that my services will not be reinstated until the payments actually post into the account, which can be anywhere between 5 and 7 business days.

MCI has put my company out of Business without any reason. We have never been late, we have never had any payment problems, and we even have pre-paid on the account. The damage that this is creating is almost irreversible. How professional will sound for a new business whose clients are calling and get a disconnected number.

We are paying for services we are not receiving. Who is liable for the losses of my business?

Rolando
Orlando, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/05/2004 07:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MCI/Washington-District-of-Columbia/MCI-Long-Distance-They-have-suspended-my-business-service-because-they-believe-it-was-to-h-90271. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MCI

Business Rip off

AUTHOR: K - (U.S.A.)

Being from the telecom world myself, I have been burned by AT&T and BellSouth. In regards to your service, double check to make sure you are actually on an assigned product, or more specifically, the one you agree'd to. Double check what you were quoted vs. billed and demand an answer to the $193 thru your public service commission (file a complaint). You can switch your long distance service in short order (literally hours), but due to techinicalities, the 800 and local services take longer to switch, i.e. days/weeks. I feel your account is not attached to a product in their system, which was why the bill was so high for a new business. AT&T, on my residential home number, didn't even HAVE a product associated to my account and what should have been about $50 turned into $250 with full minute billing.