Complaint Review: MCI

• Updated: Thu, December 20, 2001

• Reported By:San Dimas CA
MCI
nationwide Nationwide U.S.A.

MCI- Long Distance and calling card rip off!!

I fell sucker to the ads that MCI kept sending out. So when i actually contacted them to change my long distance carrier to them, they lured me right in. I believed them when they made their rates look better than the others.

They dont tell you everything. I had passed the limit that my phone company had giving me, so they stopped my long distance service, but kept the local calls available. So, I decided to take advantage of the calling card that MCI had given me to sign up with them.

I used it to call out of state and out of the country. Little did I know that MCI hid the charges of the card. Thay were different than thaT OF THE 800 number they had given me and also the regular charges of my long distance. I tried to dispute these charges.

The one customer service rep that i talked to said that she would arrange it that i was to be charged only the basic rates while this matter is being disputed, but she lied. After a few months, they finally contacted me back and said that there was no misrepresintation on their part and that I should have read the fine print. (I looked on my paperwork that they sent me and there is nothing there stating my rates for the calling card are at a much higher rate) Not only was I stuck with the first charges, but all the charges that were promised to me at a my regular rates had been raised back to the outrageous amount. My outstanding phone bill is over $2,300!! They are the biggest rip-off artists! Dont ever trust them!!!

Click here to read other Rip-off Reports on MCI Worldcom

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MCI/nationwide/MCI-Long-Distance-and-calling-card-rip-off-9734. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MCI