Complaint Review: MCIWorldcom

• Reported By:Carroll OH
MCIWorldcom
Louisville, Kentucky U.S.A.

MCIWorldcom - Continues to rip-off their customers

MCIWorldcom got me! They called me relentlessly from 8:00am to 10:00pmEastern. Each time, I said thanks but not interested until one afternoon they called me in my office indicating they can offer me a "better business calling plan" than I have now. I received the first bill which tripled for local toll calls, and a dedicated internet access line which is a large majority of my business. I immediately called customer service to dispute this ridiculous bill to the tune of $527.36. In addition, I cancelled service on all lines, and contacted my phone carrier. MCI is continuing to bill me after I've called 3 times, sent 1 E-mail to customer service, and 1 hard copy letter and 1 phone msg to Mr. Todd Gerdes, SVP, Customer Service in Arlington, VA. After all this, they still haven't cancelled. To this end, I've submitted written and verbal complaints to PUCO, BBB, and various State Attorney General's offices, and refusing to pay. Bottom line, I would not recommend MCIWorldcom to anyone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MCIWorldcom/Louisville-Kentucky/MCIWorldcom-Continues-to-rip-off-their-customers-6668. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MCIWorldcom