Complaint Review: MCM Inc., Midland Credit Manament, Midland Funding LLC., Midland Credit Of San Diego, Midland Credit

• Submitted: Sat, June 05, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, October 25, 2010

• Reported By: Necy — Pinson Alabama United States of America
8875 AERO DRIVE, STE 200 SAN DIEGO, California United States of America

MCM Inc., Midland Credit Manament, Midland Funding LLC., Midland Credit Of San Diego, Midland Credit RICHARD TAYLOR ABBOT JR. Attorney for MIDLAND FUNDING LLC THEY ARE TAKING ME TO COURT -I RECEIVED A SMALL CLAIMS SUMMONS TODAY!!!??? SAN DIEGO, California

*Consumer Comment: Sign Petition to shut down Midland Funding LLC!

*Consumer Comment: This is one of the Worst Third Party Collection Agencies

*Consumer Suggestion: Explain your situation to the court

*Consumer Comment: Re: Midland Funding LLC

*Consumer Comment: Some advice

I received a Small Claims Summons today at my front door by the County Sherrif, from this company whom I have never heard of before until receiving this summons today.. It is a Saturday. I never expected this. Anyway, the Summons said that the Plaintiff who is Midland Funding LLC and their attorney Richard Taylor Abbot Jr. has filed a Suit against me. Attached was a Statement of Claim (Complaint) General, Attachment to Complaint Causes of Action, and a form that states Defendant's Answer. What is this??

The Summons says, I have fourteen days from the date this was delivered to me to respond and complete all forms. It must be sent by Certified Mail or Taken in Person to Clerk of Small Claims Court. It also staes that the judge has not yet made a decision in this case and that I have a right to a trail to tell my side.

The Complaint reads and states that I owe 1,411.76 because: See Attached. Isurer is GE Money Bank, the Original Creditor. Zarzaur & Schwartz (I Have Never Heard of or from) File ## blank blank.

I do admit that I had a debt with GE Money Bank some years ago. It was Charged Off. I was unable to pay due to major illness. lost my job because of it and was disabled.  I paid it until I became disabled and lost my job due to these major life threatening illness. I even contacted GE Money Bank at the time of my deteriation of health. It has been about two years since my contact to GE Money Bank.  I do not have a contract with Midland Funding LLC nor have I ever heard of them or from them before today. So I am very puzzled. The only income I receive now is  My Social Security. I Do Not Know what to do. I am a single parent. Can Anyone Help Me?!!!!!! I need some Suggestions What Should I do? Has anyone else dealt with this company? Is anyone else having this kind of problem? Please let us Stop this Mistreatment.!!!!!!

What are the Statue of Limitations to debts that have been Charged Off? How do I get information on this debt collection? How do I verify it?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2010 04:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MCM-Inc-Midland-Credit-Manament-Midland-Funding-LLC-Midland-Credit-Of-San-Diego-Midland-Credit/SAN-DIEGO-California-92123/MCM-Inc-Midland-Credit-Manament-Midland-Funding-LLC-Midland-Credit-Of-San-Diego-Midl-610741. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MCM Inc., Midland Credit Manament, Midland Funding LLC., Midland Credit Of San Diego, Midland Credit

Sign Petition to shut down Midland Funding LLC!

AUTHOR: stop_midland_funding_LLC - (United States of America)

In response to your complaint I started a petition to shut midland funding LLC and all of there locations down for good!

The petition site is at (((Redacted))) Type in google search engine (((Redacted))) and when you are in the site go to search in the site and type in Shut Down Midland Funding LLC to find my petition!

I hope you join in the fight with me!

This is one of the Worst Third Party Collection Agencies

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

Go to www.budhibbs.com and read about these scum suckers!

Good luck and GO TO COURT - fight these losers

And to the loser who stated that these debts never go away - Yes they do - these companies buy old out of date debts for pennies on the dollar and try to re-age them by these types of tactics - I know because I sued one of these losers and WON

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Explain your situation to the court

AUTHOR: Beverly - (U.S.A.)

I have had 2 court cases with Midland Funding, they purchased your debt from GE. At the time I was in the hospital and agreed to a "consent judgement". Which I should not have done, I should have went to court. I suggest that you answer the court paperwork and go to court and show your circumstances. If you don't they will get a judgement against you, they can not garnish your social security, but if you have a bank account or other assets they could attach them. Plus it will show on your credit reports. Good luck with this, don't ignore it.

Re: Midland Funding LLC

AUTHOR: Starllyn - (USA)

I am a Debt collector for many years, And I just wanted to let you know.

They can not Garnish your social security check, or your bank acct. if the only money in that acct is your social security money, if you have direct deposit of your check. This is Federal law.  call social security and ask them, for your peace of mind.

But you do need to go the the court hearing and take with you the proof that you are on SSI, it will probably be thrown out, and the whole thing will end right there.

Hope this helps.

Some advice

AUTHOR: David - (USA)

GE Money Bank hired this firm to collect their money on a debt you owe them. Even though you said it was charged off doesnt mean the debt goes away, you still owe the money and they can legal action against you and garnish your wages.

The Statue of Limitations for this debt depends on the state you live in. it can be anywhere from three to five years that they can come after you for collection of the debt. I am not sure why you are asking How do I get information on this debt collection? when they sent you the information and you put it in your report. You have the information on who the creditor is and what the debt is.

The Complaint reads and states that I owe 1,411.76 because: See Attached. Isurer is GE Money Bank, the Original Creditor. Zarzaur & Schwartz (I Have Never Heard of or from) File ## blank blank.

Zarzaur & Schwartz is the law firm who was hired by GE Money Bank to collect this debt. The file number it the courts case number. They can also charge you for the court costs.

The only way you are going to get out of this is to show them you have some sort of hardship case and can t pay. If they do win a judgment against you they will ask the judge to garnish your wages until the debt is paid. Each state only allows a certain percentage to be garnished from each check.

Good luck.