Complaint Review: MCM Merchandising and Kirby Company

• Submitted: Fri, March 09, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, March 09, 2012

• Reported By: layjacobs — East Kingston New Hampshire United States of America
MCM Merchandising and Kirby Company
25 Old Dover Road Suite D, Rochester, NH 03867 Internet United States of America

MCM Merchandising and Kirby Company Kirby Distributor, Kirby Vacuum, Kirby Sentria, Kirby vacuum bullying? Internet, Internet

Kirby vacuum bullying? I can accept the sales pressure and that it is the consumer's choice to purchase, but the customer service from both distributer & headquarters, once the monster is owned is humiliating. This is a vacuum, not a car, so why do I feel like I am up against consumer protection under "Lemon Laws" ..:.?!

First, I purchased an open box vacuum, but was told it was "brand new", but the sales rep forgot the new boxed vacuum ALONG with all is demo paperwork and supplies,.  Then, I attempted canceling within the 3 days, but was talked down in price, and accepted the offer upon new contact price and conditions of the return of my Miele which I "turned over to Kirby" under original contract terms!.

I received a new Kirby, but the return of my Miele came without the floor piece!.  The sales rep said the floor piece would be sent to me, even if he had to find the replacement elsewhere!.  Then, I was sent the wrong missing piece, contacted the distributor again and was told once it was found, they would send the correct piece/.  I sent an email with the correct manufacturer piece & number, including websites that sold them".  The distributor, and now headquarters is aware of the missing piece, yet it has been 3 months and nothing/.

Most recently I called about an attachment breaking, and I am being told that I have to have it examined to determine if the break was my own fault or a defect as to whether I will get a replacement.  The sales rep told me on the day of purchase that all parts were under the warranty regardless of inproper use or product defect; I made a note of this because I found the arrangement of switching out the various parts vacuum to be a complex process.

A nightmare!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2012 02:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MCM-Merchandising-and-Kirby-Company/internet/MCM-Merchandising-and-Kirby-Company-Kirby-Distributor-Kirby-Vacuum-Kirby-Sentria-Kirby-851341. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MCM Merchandising and Kirby Company