Complaint Review: MCM - Midland Credit Management, INC. - Law Offices Of Cohen & Slamowitz

• Submitted: Mon, November 03, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, November 05, 2008

• Reported By:staten island New York
MCM - Midland Credit Management, INC. - Law Offices Of Cohen & Slamowitz
199 Crossways Park Drive Woodbury, New York U.S.A.

MCM - Midland Credit Management, INC. - Law Offices Of Cohen & Slamowitz Slammed By Frozen Account! Woodbury New York

*Consumer Comment: Once again

*Consumer Comment: You need to see a local attorney.

*Consumer Comment: here

I am writing to complain about the above mentioned company. This company sent a "summons" to me in reference to an account with a company I did business with over 8 or 10 years ago. I haven't received any contact from the previous owner of the debt I owed, and forgotten all about it until I received a "summons". At the time, I had no idea what it was because so many debt collectors have their own "scare" tactics for consumers to pay owed debts. I contacted the FTC about this "summons" and was told somewhere along the line, that if it wasn't physically "served" to me, it's probably nothing to worry about. I was also told, that I could contact the court in my area, to find out if it was a legit document. I'm a single parent who works full time for an organization that doesn't look upon absenses and that is what sidetracked me to inquire this issue further. Especially if it was something that was nothing.

When talking to "Law Offices" of snakes and cohen, the man on the other end of the phone mentioned this summons, and again, I thought nothing of it, forgetting that I even saw such a document. He proceeded to tell me that if I wasn't physically served with this document (which I wasn't) they are allowed to leave it in a persons mailbox.

To my surprise, I went to the bank on October 31 to withdraw funds from my account and my receipt read: "insufficient funds" I just thought this might have meant the machine was in error or maybe they were fresh out of cash in this particular machine. But with this came suspision, and I called my bank right away and learned that this company placed a levy on my account. I am a single mother of an asthmatic child who requires medicine and other things that require money, and when I saw that there was a freeze on my account I became enraged!!

I like to think that I am an honest person who sincerely tries to pay off any debts I have. Especially when my credit is at stake. I offered to pay off this debt and was told that I would have to submit a pay stub to prove employement and all kinds of tactics. Upon finding out about this levy, I had just paid a car payment, and purchased things using personal checks.

I am deeply dismayed of these tactics, I am PISSED OFF! and I want justice!!

Justdo
staten island, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/03/2008 07:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MCM-Midland-Credit-Management-INC-Law-Offices-Of-Cohen-Slamowitz/Woodbury-New-York-11797/MCM-Midland-Credit-Management-INC-Law-Offices-Of-Cohen-Slamowitz-Slammed-By-Frozen-387658. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MCM - Midland Credit Management, INC. - Law Offices Of Cohen & Slamowitz

Once again

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

bud hibbs has a link to naca attorneys - you can check it out and hopefully will find one in your jurisdiction - I had to hunt and peck to find my attorney who won my lawsuit against a bottom feeder collection agency
Just give it a try - Hope things work out - keep us posted

You need to see a local attorney.

AUTHOR: J G Shrugged - (U.S.A.)

While the service may not have been valid, you were aware of the possibility of court action...did you contact the court to check like the FTC mentioned?

It's going to be hard to make the lawsuit go completely away since you were aware of the lawsuit, but your attorney may be able to get the case actually heard in court.

here

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

go to www.budhibbs.com
he has a link to lawyers that deal with third party collection agencies and yes - you got the shaft from a third party collection agency
Good luck to you