Complaint Review: MCM Midland Credit Management

• Submitted: Sat, June 09, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, June 09, 2007

• Reported By:everett Washington
MCM Midland Credit Management
Department 8870 Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

MCM Midland Credit Management Says they purchased my outstanding debt with capital one. Which I paid in full and closed a year ago. ripoff Los Angeles California

I received a letter, from a creditor, which I never, so red flags went up. Strangely, the letter was address to me, but my name was misspelled, and I even had a middle initial. I don't have a middle initial. It was in reference to a capital one account purchased by MCM, owned by Midland Funding LLC. The letter stated that I owed $855.95, but they were giving me a 50% discount if I paid by some time next month.

What I found odd was I did recall having a capital one account, one that had a limit of $500, of which I paid in full and closed a year ago. I even made sure of that, called cap one, even verified that only "one" account was opened. Sure enough, only one.

I checked my credit report, only one capital one appears, and shows closed. so what should I do here? Is this just a mistake or is this company trying to fish for my info? Could it just be some clerical mistake?

thanks!

Ivan
everett, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2007 10:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MCM-Midland-Credit-Management/Los-Angeles-California-90084-8870/MCM-Midland-Credit-Management-Says-they-purchased-my-outstanding-debt-with-capital-one-W-253450. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MCM Midland Credit Management