Complaint Review: MCM - Midland Credit Management

• Updated: Mon, October 05, 2009

• Reported By: Jim — Illinois USA
MCM - Midland Credit Management
MCMCG.COM San Diego, California United States of America

MCM - Midland Credit Management MCM Continual calls from their predictive dialer attempting to collect money from someone (who apparently had the same telephone number that was issued to me over a year ago. San Diego, California

MCM is driving me crazy calling me my cell number at all hours of the day or night trying to collect money (from someone who must have had my cell number before me. I've had my cell phone over a year ago.

The calls always start out with an automated voice asking to talk to someone by the name of Carlos L _ _ _. When I respond that they have the wrong number, they just hang up on me. The're telephone number is blocked so I don't know who to call back.

They call on weekdays, weekends and even this past Sunday. I am fed up.

This morning they called again (my cell phone caller ID said the callers number was "unavailable". when their dialer asked if I was Carlos L _ _ _. I responded by finally saying "yes" in the hopes of finding our who these people were.

A lady by the name of Pam Larson came on line and asked me again if I was Carlos L _ _ _. I again replied yes. She then said she was from MCM collections and calling to collect a debt and "wanted to know what I was going to do about it". I told her before I give out any information I wanted to know who MCM was. She replied that they are located at 8875 Aero Drive Suite 200, San Diago, Ca. 92123. I asked for her telephone number. She asked if I was going to call her back and I said I just wanted to have it. She said the number was 1-800-465-8825 (not the correct number)ext:43515. I then gave her my real name and was about to tell her to take me off her calling list but she immediately inturrupted me and began shouting that I was a lier and should have not lied about my name. Shee then hung up before I could say anything.

My internet research shows that the parent company is Encore Capitol Group at 8875 Aero Drive suite 200 in San Diego, Ca. their correct "toll Free" number is 1-877-445-4581. their WEB SITE IS www.mcmcg.com.  The web site identifies their locations and also the names of officers of their company.

I can only hope that this complaint is read by thousands of angry recipients of their abnoxious, annoying, annonimous telephone calls and call (or e-mail) this company repeatedly and then "HANG-UP" and let them try to figure out what's going on.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2009 08:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MCM-Midland-Credit-Management/San-Diego-California-/MCM-Midland-Credit-Management-MCM-Continual-calls-from-their-predictive-dialer-attemptin-504424. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MCM - Midland Credit Management