Complaint Review: MCM Midland Credit Management

• Updated: Sat, February 18, 2012

• Reported By: SadLisa — Fitzwilliam New Hampshire United States of America
MCM Midland Credit Management
4302 E. Broadway Road, Internet United States of America

MCM Midland Credit Management Anna Springs charging high interest for expired debt, Internet

I started receiving letters from MCM Midland Credit Management, charging increasing amounts of interest on and old credit card debt from many years ago. I had just begun a new job, so I contacted them to try to make payments. I told them I couldn't afford the $266 a month they wanted, but could pay them $100. They said they'd only accept that for three months, and then I'd have to pay the higher rate. Well, I lost my job after just three weeks. Now they are hounding my daily on the phone, and I'm not answering their calls because I just don't know what to do.

My unemployment benefits in my state are only $58 a week. That's it. No assets, no property, nothing. I live with a friend. I found out after already paying them $300 that the debt had expired in my state. I used to always have good credit, but I lost my well paying job in 2006 and was unable to pay even the minimum on my credit cards. I was able to obtain work in retail, but that was sustenance wages and not enough to make any progress on my debt. I sought the services of a bankruptcy lawyer, and gave him a retainer, but could not afford to pay his fee.  I lost my job last year and am now unemployed. I think it may be too late for you to help, but any advice would be appreciated.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2012 08:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MCM-Midland-Credit-Management/internet/MCM-Midland-Credit-Management-Anna-Springs-charging-high-interest-for-expired-debt-Intern-841305. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MCM Midland Credit Management