Complaint Review: MCM-Midland Credit Mangement

• Submitted: Wed, July 04, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, July 04, 2007

• Reported By:Piney Flats Tennessee
MCM-Midland Credit Mangement
Department 8870 Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

MCM Midland Credit Mangement Attempted Ripoff-Capitol One Credit Card Balance Los Angeles California

Watch Out! This company will send a letter to your home, state that they have purchased your Capital One account and as a debt collection company you are obligated to pay them by a specific date. IF you pay by that date they will offer you a substabntial discount of 50% of the debt.

My tip off: They had my balance wrong, my middle initial wrong, they sent the letter to my home's physical address & not the address I use for mail. I also pay my credit card balance off each month.

My reaction: I called Capital One-notified their Fraud Dept-put an alert on my account-called the local TV station so they would notify the community-and immediately got my updated credit report. I also researched the Midland Credit Mngmt Co and found 45 other fraud cases against them.

NOTE: They have two different address. One is PO Box 939019 Sandiego, CA and the other is out of Los Angeles, CA.
Beware! These guys go any and all and get what they are after from the vulnerable and uninformed. You are no longer uninformed! Stay safe!

Piney Flats, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/04/2007 09:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MCM-Midland-Credit-Mangement/Los-Angeles-California-90084/MCM-Midland-Credit-Mangement-Attempted-Ripoff-Capitol-One-Credit-Card-Balance-Los-Angeles-258635. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MCM-Midland Credit Mangement