Complaint Review: MCM debt collection agency

• Reported By: Jennifer — Los Angeles California United States of America
MCM debt collection agency
8875 Arco Drive #200 San Diego, California United States of America

MCM debt collection agency MCM debt collection fraud San Diego, California

I received a bill in the mail claiming I owed over $10,000 to a bank I had never heard of or done business with (Providian Bank). This was a collection agency and they were offering to spread my payments over 12 months (while graciously taking 20% off) or have me pay in one installment while taking 40% off the "original" balance.

Needless to say, this was a fraudulent claim and therefore I called the customer service dept. I was asked for my social security number (which I refused to give) and the account number on the bill. I sternly informed the representative that I had never done business with that bank and they were in error. He very quickly said that it was a mistake and he would take me off the list.

What was so strange was the speed with which he dismissed the account and how quickly he wanted to get off the phone. This is a huge scam and the company needs to be investigated.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2011 07:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MCM-debt-collection-agency/San-Diego-California-92123/MCM-debt-collection-agency-MCM-debt-collection-fraud-San-Diego-California-758457. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MCM debt collection agency