Complaint Review: MD 24/7

• Updated: Thu, February 28, 2013

• Reported By: Doesn''t Matter — Milwaukee Wisconsin United States of America
MD 24/7

MD 24/7 MD 24/7.com, Inc. Sketchy! Internet

Just like always, at the beginning of the phone call I thought that this was too good to be true. Then I realized--it is.

I probably would have bought the service, I mean it sounded great!  There were just a few things that bothered me:

1.) Not only did the representative tell me, but also the supervisor told me that the benefits of the program were administered by UnitedHealthcare.  I can not find anywhere on the website or anywhere on the internet where it says that MD 24/7 is in any way associated with UnitedHealthcare.

2.) I, luckily, am insured by UnitedHealthcare.  I took it upon myself to contact them immediately following my fishy encounter with the MD 24/7 representative, and they told me they had never heard of this service.  They also advised me to absolutely NEVER give my credit card number or any information to any company soliciting on behalf of UnitedHealthcare.

3.) The third and reddest of red flags, was that if this company is so huge and prosperous and has over 50,000 subscribers, you would think the founder and CEO would be out playing golf somewhere, not watching ripoff report and responding to the same consumer 3 times!  Haha, that was hilarious!  Have you ever seen a ripoff report on any large, reputable company where the founder replied, and not only replied but replied three times!?

In summary, I am very glad that I didnt give this company my credit card information.  I know that its a tough world, and telemarketing is a terrible job and I feel horrible for the people that have to do it, but I commend them because welfare is much easier than being screamed at and cursed at.  I would never treat a telemarketer that way, and I didnt today.

I just feel that the company is extremely sketchy...if I have one prescription per month, with a $20 co-pay, if they cut my prescription cost in half! then I would be paying $10. So Ill pay $50 per month to save $10 per month?

As far as the 24/7 nurse/doctor line, thats already offered to me through my insurance plan.  This might be a great service for someone with no insurance, but its not great for me.

My overall recommendation--unless you know someone personally who has enjoyed the service, or can find just ONE good review of this company online that wasnt obviously written by the company itself, I would steer clear.

PS:  I didnt give you my name here because it doesnt matter, I don't want anything "resolved" I just want you to leave me alone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2013 12:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MD-247/internet/MD-247-MD-247com-Inc-Sketchy-Internet-1021572. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MD 24/7