Complaint Review: MD MVA

• Submitted: Fri, July 15, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, July 15, 2011

• Reported By: WhyILeft — United States of America
MD MVA

MD MVA MD Central Collection Unit Billed over $4,000 for alledged ins lapse after 10 years. Internet, Internet

After receiving a bill from the State of MD Central Collection for $4,000+, I attempted to contact them with the 800#on the barely ledgable letter.  I have not lived in MD for over a decade.  I was disconnected twice after being on hold for several minutes.  I then emailed askccu@dbm.state.md.?us , and got a phone call the same day.

They told me I have to contact the MVA for more details. 410-768-7431.  MVA told me I was charged $7/day for an ins lapse and that I needed to send them proof that I had ins for that time (FR19).

Since this is the first I am hearing of the problem, I am dissappointed to hear that there is over $700 in interest charges.

When I read the other entries, it looks like the State is charging people that have moved out of MD (not voters) amounts over $4k.  I do not believe this a coincidence.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2011 11:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MD-MVA/internet/MD-MVA-MD-Central-Collection-Unit-Billed-over-4000-for-alledged-ins-lapse-after-10-years-753392. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MD MVA