- Report: #964669
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: MDG CANADA
MDG CANADAokaville Ontario Internet, Quebec United States of America
MDG CANADA SCAM - Contract - Time Limits - Bad service - Horrifying Internet, Quebec
*UPDATE EX-employee responds: salesman not to blame
original Posting: (re-posting because I think there was an error in posting it) Also, made corrections:
Horrible Service! MDG SCAM! Ignorance with tech department, salespeople! DISGUSTED! was so close to signing, until multiple things added up including a 5 MINUTE ONLY LIMIT with Salespeople!
According to Peter Russell whom kept Rushing me off phone After questioning contract , searching for answers, I was avoided , rushed, Given a TIME LIMIT!
I recently spoke with MDG. The salesperson Peter Russell, Slick, cunning, anything for a Sale. Lies, manipulates conversations. However, Once the CONTRACT was sent, I READ the CONTRACT in DETAIL and Dissected it. However, after cross-referencing the Contract within itself, and within the EULA of their Website (small print).
Also, After Having done extensive research on the company, And any info Peter Russell gave regarding warranty with Manufactures, not with them, or anything mentioned. I Called said Companies to Verify their Products being sold by MDG and warranties etc.
Furthermore, I investigated the Salesman via internet, Background of Company via internet, and Statistics of Satisfied customers opposed to Dis-satisfied customers via internet. 85 percent dissatisfied customer ratio to satisfied.
However, After Challenging the ONE-SIDED Contract which screws you so royally!! Evenregarding the Product YOU THINK you will get, and when YOU will get it.
The Contract, I do not know how it could even be LEGAL. Anyhow, Peter of MDG CANADA would NOT respond to the EMAIL, Would not talk about amendments, A Series of Phone calls were made, Peter Rushed me off the Phone, At the end of the Evening, I spoke to him.
I was being TIMED. Peter said "Sorry, not to be rude, but WE ONLY Have a 5 MINUTE Maximum on the phone or WE get in Trouble with the BOSS, and Larry, It's been 11 minutes so far" I kept talking. Despite it all, I was considering still Doing this (signing)... and if anything, I would SUE.
Peter then said "Larry, it's been 17 minutes. I have thousands of Customers to attend, We are NOT allowed the time, My BOSS will Yell at me, he is Staring at me now! I will get FIRED for going over the 5 minute time limit" , Thus, my questioning was Evaded completely.
Also, Caught Peter in a series of LIES. Also, after stating he never charges anyone beyond 29.9 percent interest, According to Website in small print, it's up to 59 percent! COMPOUNDED!
wow! Looking at the contract shows a HIDDEN FEE of amongst many, Being a WEEKLY or Bi -Weekly Administration fee exceeding almost more than half monthly interest! Therefore, it came to 59 Percent and ABOVE!! And even if you pay the Minimum for 4 years... your balance actually GOES UP! YOU NEVER get out of the Contract! And As many people on the net say, Even ones whom have paid in FULL, MDG Thinks YOU OWE THEM FOREVER!
Peter put down people with bad credit, Stating many things. Making them feel 3rd class. Also, the Lack of respect for Explaining things, or Having a TIME Limit on a Potential Customer/Client was also degrading.
Also spoke with Tech department, HE was SO damn Rude! and LACKED in KNOWLEDGE! He was unable to Answer VERY Basic TECH Questions pertaining to their own products! About a Processor! and Max Ram upgrade! I was Rushed off the Phone. (The receptionist the night before, the Tech as I was told to contact, and others, were very unprofessional) The ACER Receptionist was even able to answer the question!
I was Disgusted. It FELT more like a HUMAN ASSEMBLY LINE, and a CONTRACT with the DEVIL!!
They want PEOPLE whom are desperate and also BELIEVING that they would be repairing some of their credit with credit bureaus. (not true) MDG wants people to SIGN BLINDEDLY, Because MOST people do NOT READ the details of the contract NOR do Most Understand the LEGAL TERMS and what rights they are signing, wavering away!
Even to the point pre-arranged payments can and WILL be taken out on different dates, and That MDG Reserves the RIGHT To change the Amount ANYTIME! KiBOSH your BANK Account whereas Banks only recommendations is to CLOSE your Account, -(I also spoke with the BANKregarding this, and the manufactures who's products MDG sells, Finances).
And Then MDG incorporates FEAR FACTORS making YOU believe you CAN and WILL be Charged criminally with FRAUD and by other means which could cause YOU so much Distress that YOU just might SUICIDE over it! - Then in Contract, MDG GOES AFTER your FAMILY MEMBERS!(Should you die)
After checking the BBB Better Business Bureau now under Investigation for selling Grades, by allowing COMPANIES with LOW RATINGS to get automatically high ratings by BUYING IT! this info can further be found on the net. Whether it be True or Not, I cannot say, However, the trust and confidence just isn't there.
Anyhow, MDG is the SCAMMIEST and SCARIEST company to deal with!
People who work there Cannot have a conscience! Former employees have also Spoken up via Net and various other Complaint Forums on the net. If YOU SIGN a CONTRACT with MDG, be PREPARED to literally SIGN YOUR LIFE AWAY! YOUR BANK ACCOUNT! and much more!
A Permanent DEBT! Anyhow, there is much, much more I can tell you also regarding my 3 days of RESEARCHING everything said to me, written, emailed, and with companies I contacted pertaining to MDG products, claims, and more. However, I won't for now. (I almost Signed impulsively, but luckily read the contract)
BELOW is the EMAIL sent to Mr.Russell, Cross-Referencing the CONTRACT (if You have a copy of it, look at it and my email, see for yourself) and Some Explanation of the meanings, in my interpretation.
I sent this to Mr. PETER RUSSELL of MDG CANADA!, Again, who will take NO TIME explaining the CLAUSES, or anytime for a CLIENT IF THEY QUESTION the contract or question things.
Also stated in CONTRACT that the salespeople and employees CAN LIE, MISLEAD, Willfully, or Unwillfully, Deliberately, or Undeliberately. That by NO MEANS CAN YOU Sue or HOLD responsible anyone, employees, representatives, affiliates, or MDG, for ANYTHING.
Despite the RISKS, what really got me is the Disrespect people get, and the so-called 5 MINUTES ONLY TIME-LIMIT as each CALL is TIMED to the second! I could NOT believe it!
Sent to Mr. Russel a couple days ago. Followed up this past Friday by several calls from me. and each time immediately Mr. Russell had no-time for me, but did state that my Email was the Longest email he had ever received, and that it would take at least a minimum of 2 hours for him to read it.
With calls spaced throughout the day until an hour before the end of Peter's shift (9:00pm), Mr. Russell refused to Send anything in Writing, made promises on the phone, (more Lies), and evaded answering questions pertaining to my contract questions. I Wanted answers before signing.
I explained to Mr. Russell, Personal information of current situations. that I have to PROTECT myself, my FAMILY. I just wanted answers before signing. I was still going to sign, take the risk, until Mr. Russell said we all have a Time limit of 5 minutes.
Official EMAIL:: (Names removed in place of XxNamexX)
--------The CONTRACT: (Some Highlights) The rest can be discussed via phone.-----
1) - Section (5), subsection (f) in bold, Waving the Right to notification of 10 days ( Changes in the AMOUNT based on TAX) we need to clarify this section.
2) - Section (6), (Ongoing Administration fee) ?? Is this fee calculated in the total as mentioned in the contract? is this an additional fee added to the FIXED Payments. ( This fee technically raises the 29.9% interest. Just another form of obtaining further amount.
(Technically, when added would exceed the MAXIMUM of the PERCENTAGE limit as we discussed on phone as mentioned in SMALL print on front page of your website) ?? We need to Discuss this. (equals more than 59%) in addition to even MORE hidden Fees!
3) - Section (9), Subsection (a) "We MAY MOVE YOUR PAYMENT, due date to the LAST date that banks are open for business IMMEDIATELY BEFORE your scheduled Payment" ???!! ( I do not like this. This could CAUSE potential NSF charges or Budget Complications.
Bank NSF charge of$42. dollars, and MDG of $35. dollars as mentioned in Section 10.) ( If we have SET DATES, I want it in WRITING that these dates will NOT be MOVED PRIOR to the DUE DATE. XxNamexX Accepts it being the NEXT BUSINESS DAY with NO Additional Interest rate added as LATE fees).
4) - Section (12), SECURITY DEPOSITS - (It is to my understanding that the Potential Upcoming Security Deposit on the 8th of November, 2012 (of 400plus dollars) is NOT deducted from the Total Price as stated in the Contract.
(not even mentioned in the contract regarding the deposit they are demanding), It is my understanding that this Security deposit in which gains NO INTEREST will be Applied as a FINAL Payment) - Is this Correct? (But no mention on Contract of the Deposit?) also, if we have only a $400 dollar Balance remaining, will this Security Deposit be applied to Clear FINAL Balance??
(THIS IS NOT GOOD! and can ROYALLY SCREW the Person signing the contract) (This Section gives MDG the Right to MODIFY the FIXED PAYMENTS as agreed, to anything they want, and MAKE CHANGES otherwise potentially UNSETTLING, or thus,
Force the Signee to PAY IN FULL within 30 days! ). (Fear factor applied here with threats of Criminally charging the Signee! ---
We need to discuss this, At this time, XxNamexX is NOT in Agreement to this SECTION. - I Would like to Discuss an AMENDMENT in WRITING pertaining to this section. ONCE WE ARE AGREED ON A PAYMENT PLAN, WE do NOT EXPECT NOR WANT any UNFAVOURABLE CHANGES MADE that could Potentially affect our ROUTINE BUDGET with MDG)
Meaning: Once XxNamexX has DATES and a BUDGET for MDG, He/She will be in a routine. And does not want this routine to be MODIFIED by any means that could potentially off-set her budget routine.
6) - Section (16) Remedies. (Discuss on phone) (adding this in now: You are responsible for all legal costs, if MDG wants to Sue you. They can seize your products, Dispose of them, and YOU still Owe the Full amount with accrued interest! and more!) - (MDG will likely then Refurbish and re-sell, not dispose of)
7) - *** SECTION (19) LIMITATIONS and LIABILITY, Subsection (b), CLAUSE - *** and Subsection (c) - (This section allows YOU (refering to Peter) or any employee to mislead a customer deliberately or unwillfully, and HOLD NO Responsibility for "MDG", "AFFILIATES" Any and all "ASSOCIATIONS", "YOU" or "Any other Personelle, employee of MDG" Actions intentional or unintentionally. Willfully or Unwillfully.
-(States after purchase Product you receive MIGHT not be the product you are expecting, thus you are still LIABLE and Legally committed to PAYING the FULL amount of contract regardless of a less and inferior Product) Furthermore, This Section (19) Allows, Protects, MDG from Everything associated with WRONG Products being Delivered, and/or Product SPECS, etc. Also Cross-referenced in SECTION (26), "RETURNS, REFUNDS and EXCHANGES". Also CROSS Referenced in another section (in small print on their Website) -****whereas it STATED that MDG RESERVES THE RIGHT to CHANGE Specs, Modify, etc. WITHOUT NOTICE. ***
(This is Horrible, and Correlates with some of the Negative Reviews I have read and researched via Internet). - Whereas, some customers Applied for a product based on Product Description, and received a Wrong Product and/or a Product whereby the Specs, Hardware/software etc were NOT what was ordered or expected. THEN MDG REFUSES to ACCEPT the RETURN and Send the CORRECT Products, or Products with Corrected SPECS as AGREED.
- This in itself should be illegal. (XxNamexX) FEAR - NOT Getting the EXACT PRODUCT "Laptops" with EXACT "SPECS" as specified and/or "DESIGN" as Seen in Pics). Should this happen, MDG CAN and LIKELY WILL REFUSE the RETURN and the Signee is STILL OBLIGATED TO the CONTRACT regardless whether or not HE/SHE Received the Correct Product! (This is Fact) (update: Peter did NOT like this question, and tried to assure that I/We will get what we see. (again, they are allowed to Lie without repercussions once you sign that contract!)
***(XxNamexX) would Like in Writing via Email that HE/SHE will RECEIVE the EXACT PRODUCT as Expected, with the Exact SPECS, and should the Wrong product, or product not containing the the EXACT SPECS as Purchased/Financed, CAN be RETURNED and the PROPER PRODUCT/UNIT be sent in it's place according to what is Expected.
- Also contained in the body of that email, YOU as the Salesman (Whom is NOT mentioned on the Contract) ???(why is the Salesmans NAME NOT mentioned in Contract by no means?) and/or the Person Endorsing the FINANCING "Abdul H." (Whom we have no idea who He is?) must acknowledge the CLAUSE as stated in the Contract and ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY, and will Personally RECTIFY any issue regarding this.
Accept this as an Amendment to the Contract on a personal basis to Ensure with CONFIDENCE that XxName'sxX Needs, Expectations will hereby be met.
Please understand that this is no small amount of money, thus, XxNamexX would like to Protect some of his/her rights to ensure she receives what is agreed upon.
----------------------------- QUESTIONS-----(to Peter Russell in email)----
1) Will All Payments be Reported to the CREDIT Bureau? -Showing his/her Timely Payments ?- (No, only when You default- to further get more negative impact) (there is 3 in Canada) and now a New 4th has surfaced past year.-------------------------------------
2) (a) Can YOU please Verify whether the Keyboard has a Back-light? (you believe it does) But can you verify it please.
(b) Please Verify that we will receive the Acer Laptop the Same as in Picture (with no more than possible minor detail). Want same colour, layout, etc. (also Peter Agreed, Admitted, that the FREE LAPTOP for the approval of the 3000 thousand plus dollars... that YES, the actual price of this so-called FREE laptop was actually configured in the Price in FULL.
Should a person not Qualify, that person is entitled to a discount) (Also, Peter agreed and admitted that over 1040 dollars in the HIDDEN Administration Fee based on the fixed amount ALSO subject to Change at MDG's discretion and based on 4 years 104 payments - (although Peter confirmed on phone it was 34-38 months for us, that actual contract stated 4 years, 48 months) is a part of His Commission in addition to other commissions).
3) Was the SHIPPING Calculated in the FULL Price? Mentioned additional shipping charges in ink on contract, but nothing showing ACTUAL shipping costs which also is Financed with high interest! as seen in the Contract??
I did not see a Shipping Breakdown. And XxNamexX would not like any SURPRISE Payments in addition to what is agreed, or any Extra he/she decides to Send in a month. (in order to pay-off quickly).
4)(a)- PLEASE VERIFY IN WRITING VIA EMAIL the Length of "FULL TERM" for XxNamexX. As discussed on the Phone, I believe you said 36 months? or 38 Months. - However, in Contract, I do not see the FULL Term based on what was discussed on phone.
I see FULL TERM of 48 MONTHS HIDDEN within the Small Print of TERMS and No fixed Time Limit/term mentioned therein as agreed. ???? ----------------------------------------
- (b) - With SECURITY DEPOSIT as a FINAL PAYMENT, ... security Deposit of apprx. $400, Doesn't this Shorten the Term by 4 months? (based on current agreed FIXED Payment" ??? )Also Security deposits GAIN no Interest?!!!) (And should You cancel there is a 20% RE-STOCKING FEE!! That should be ILLEGAL!!
(no Returns! as far as I know, by law 72 hours to cancel a contract! (I could be wrong), and YOU will have PAY anyways!)
He/She will want to see the TERM in Writing as discussed via phone. ---
----------- End of Email. --------------
Personal Notes and opinions:::
I cannot believe it People! The BIGGEST DAMN SCAM still ALLOWED to Operate since the company began in 1991 Oakville Ontario Canada!
In my Opinion -***A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT NEEDS TO BE DONE AGAINST MDG!***
However, THEY PREY on PEOPLE WHOM Cannot AFFORD LAWYERS! But WILL MAKE YOU PAY for THEIR Overpriced High-End Lawyers and everything else SHOULD you CHALLENGE THEM AFTER SIGNING the CONTRACT!!"
*** I have Much More that I can share with my Pre-Experience regarding MDG. Not everything is written here.
CONTACT ME if YOU want to HEAR more! or Discuss more! *** (now I am just Waiting to See if they will Attempt to Take the 400plus dollars from the Bank account, since they seen OUR statements! and know the Exact dates! I am WORRIED!
I had sent the info prior to Reading the Contract in Great Detail. That was a bad move. Either-way, they already had the 2 dates set. but were unable to process originally because on the website, the info was entered wrong.
Peter Russell assured me that should WE not accept the contract, that WE will NOT be billed. However, I somehow DOUBT this to be True, but we will see.
Also, Note: That in the contract, if YOU have legal issues with MDG, YOU must Continue to PAY THEM during the procedure in which could take months or even years, depending on the courts.
!AVOID MDG! And SHARE THIS WITH EVERYONE YOU KNOW in order to protect them from being VICTIMIZED!
For anything under $200 dollars, Most people do NOT want the Headache of Small claims court, the costs associated with it, and then the MEANS of Collecting on a Judgement thereafter for Garnishing MDG's BANK! Just ask your bank which Bank was the PAYMENT was sent too, and serve papers on that BANK! BEWARE PEOPLE!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2012 05:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MDG-CANADA/Internet-Quebec-/MDG-CANADA-SCAM-Contract-Time-Limits-Bad-service-Horrifying-Internet-Quebec-964669. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)