Complaint Review: MDG computers

• Reported By: Kristen — Thorold Alabama
MDG computers
2940 Bristol Circle Oakville, Ontario Canada

MDG computers Loan Scams Oakville Ontario Canada

*Consumer Comment: Do you still have all your records?

Purchased a computer in 2006.  I have made 84 payments at 53.18 per month.  When I called to make sure that last payment was made I was told that I still owed over 800.00.

They did not have a copy of my agreement so I had to fax them the copy that I had.  I was first given the wrong number to fax and had to recall after 2 hours of trying.  Then I was told that I did not owe them 800.00 but 300.00 dollars.  Apparantly they had taken the wrong amount out of my account for the past 84 months.  Should have been 56.41 per month.  We had originally called there back in 2006 to verify the correct amount and was told that it was.  My total obligation owing at 56.41 x 84 months is 300.00+ dollars short of what I actually paid them.

How can this company get away with this?   The fellow we originally spoke with is "no longer there".  They cannot find my original contract or so they say.  I had signed the paperwork so according to consumer protection I will likely be held responsible.  This apparantly is common practice with this company.  It is robbery but technically legal.  I hope noone gets caught up with them like I did.

I made 84 payments never missing one.  Never late!  They are crooks!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2013 12:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MDG-computers/Oakville-Ontario/MDG-computers-Loan-Scams-Oakville-Ontario-Canada-1075490. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MDG computers

Do you still have all your records?

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

If you have all your records of those 84 payments and your contract stated the amount you need to pay ($53.xx), you may be able to contest for their mistake and finish the contract by taking them to a small claim court. However, if you do not have both (either not all records or contract does not have the amount stated as said), you may have to stay in the contract.