Complaint Review: MDPA Mobile Device Protection Association

• Updated: Tue, September 07, 2010

• Reported By: Dana — Adrian Michigan United States of America
MDPA Mobile Device Protection Association
PO Box 880428 Boca Raton, Florida 33488 Internet United States of America

MDPA Mobile Device Protection Association Agreed to send a cash settlement check and its taken 20+days from start to finish process & still no check. Horrible customer service Internet

I bought 4 business phones from Radio Shack online with their endorsed insurance provider (MDPA or Mobile Device Protection Association). One of the phones were stolen and I had to contact the insurance provider to make arrangements for a new one.

From start to finish, it has been 20+ days and I still don't have a replacement check!

After the initial service commentary, an account representative was assigned to me (24-48 hrs.) then they approved a replacement based upon supporting details of what occured and how.

I was promised a replacement phone, but the next day they emailed they don't manufacture the model anymore, nor do they supply refurbished ones and would send me a replacement check that would equate to what it would cost me to buy same model again. Was told the check should arrive in 7-10 days. No check after day 10. Day 11, they said it was their error, checks being sent that day (Mon) & should arrive in a few days. Few days go by, no check. Contacted again, they said should have it no later than Friday. Again, no check. Called today to speak to a supervisor (Tues) *Mon. being a holiday*. I was treated rudely and offered no alternatives, just the usual "Checks in the mail"..should arrive soon. I explained to her I had waited the 1st time around for their mailing period of 7-10 days and now I'm waiting on it with false promises the 2nd time around AND that this was a business phone so one of our employees has been without it for 20 days!!"

I told her I thought that was unacceptable customer service and I intended to file a complaint-so I called Radio Shack headquarters and told them if they continued "endorsing" insurance plans like MDPA's as an add-on service to their phones, I would have to consider purchasing elsewhere next time. They appreciated a customer's feedback & took my complaint very seriously.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2010 10:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MDPA-Mobile-Device-Protection-Association/internet/MDPA-Mobile-Device-Protection-Association-Agreed-to-send-a-cash-settlement-check-and-its-638578. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MDPA Mobile Device Protection Association