Complaint Review: MENARDS

MENARDS
521 E North Avenue Glendale Heights, Illinois United States of America

MENARDS Don't respect warranties Glendale Heights, Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: Common sense

On 5/24/2010 I bougth Wall Air Conditioner, with one year warranty working very well but on 5/16/2011 I made proff that A/C and it did very strong noise and did not colling I call Menards for  warranty and a person Jessica from Appliance Department sad I needed carried the appliance to store, when We were in Devolutions Department the sad we needed proff we bought that appliance in Menards, we show Special Order contract GLNH 30136869 and SKU 623-7214 dated 5/24/2010, but somebody mentioned" those appliances were discontinued last year" and they tell me I needed show the original cashier receipt because they don't have any records of sales more 90 days, because I paid in cash, anothe way they can not received back the appliance. I'm partial disable (injury back and carpal tunnel both hands) and I decide left the appliance in the store because was hard problem for me and my wife move up and down it, we live in a third floor

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/28/2011 04:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MENARDS/Glendale-Heights-Illinois-60139/MENARDS-Dont-respect-warranties-Glendale-Heights-Illinois-734238. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MENARDS

Common sense

AUTHOR: highrollinwooded - (USA)

Why, oh why, is it so hard for customers to understand the importance of hanging on to your receipt!!! They don't, and then get pissed at the store for not being able to work with them. If you hac used a credit card or a check to make this purchase, your receipt could have easily been traced using the kiosk located at the front of the store!! May I suggest to you, and ALL customers out there...if you are making a large purchase from ANY store, us a credit card!You can hold yourself alone responsible for this mess you are in!!