Complaint Review: MERCHANT TIRE & AUTO CENTERS

• Updated: Sat, January 22, 2011

• Reported By: Lisa — Nokesville Virginia United States of America
MERCHANT TIRE & AUTO CENTERS
7880 SUDLEY RD MANASSAS, Virginia United States of America

MERCHANT TIRE & AUTO CENTERS CLAUDIO A SANTINI MERCHANT'S TIRE DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE CONSUMER MANASSAS, Virginia

We ordered four rims for our BMW 545i. The salesman never asked if we had the sports package or 6 speed or automatic. All these different types have different size rims. Our car was the 545I with the sports package which have the staggered rims and tires. Larger rims and tires in the rear and smaller rims and tires in the front, all 18 inch rims.

When the rims were ordered, the salesman order all the same size 18 inch rims, with no regard for the larger tires in the rear. He told us theserims would work fine and because you can rotate these tires they will last longer. My husband had to buy tires to fit these rims also. We have paid Merchants over $2,000.00 for rims and tires and i can't even drive the car.

When i drove the car it shook horribly. They said their balancing machine was not working properly and that maybe a weight fell off, to bring it in and they will fix it. Wrong. When we mentioned the rims on the back were ordered wrong they blamed the fact that the salesman didn't see the car. My husband told him the year, make and model, he didn't tell him it had the sports package not thinking it made a difference. Still in the same, the salesman should have asked those questions before ordering the rims.

I even went on their website and put in the year, make, model and the computer asked what option we had i.e. 6 speed, automatic or sports package. Why didn't this salesman do the same.

Needless to say, my car is still shaking and i refuse to drive it for fear it might ruin my car. I asked an auto mechanic about the different size rims on the rear of the car and he said if the car came from the factory with the larger rims on the rear then larger rims need to be put back on the car because it works with the ABS system.

Merchant's tire is not taking any of the blame, won't even say we will eat one rim and tire for our mistake. Nothing they got their money and the hell with the consumer. i will make sure everyone knows what a rip off Merchant's Tire and Auto located at 7880 Sudley Rd, Manassas, VA 20109, is.I will never recommend them and will do everything I can to discourage people from going there. You would think a company with over 1,500 stores would do a little more for customer satisfaction.

I am now waiting for another excuse they are using for the shaking, spacers that should have come with the wheels that fit between the hub and wheel to center the rim. I have been waiting one week for these spacers. It's amazing the rims took 2 days to come in and these spacers are taking forever.

Obviously, the mechanica that put on the rims missed the spacers also. Does anyone know what they are doing there????

It looks like i am screwed and will have to buy two more rims and tires, but not from them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2011 07:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MERCHANT-TIRE-AUTO-CENTERS/MANASSAS-Virginia-20109/MERCHANT-TIRE-AUTO-CENTERS-CLAUDIO-A-SANTINI-MERCHANTS-TIRE-DO-NOT-CARE-ABOUT-THE-CONSU-685676. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MERCHANT TIRE & AUTO CENTERS