Complaint Review: MERCHANTSCREDIT.COM

• Submitted: Sun, November 23, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, November 23, 2008

• Reported By:kewanee Illinois
MERCHANTSCREDIT.COM
27008 COUNTY HWY 14 KEWANEE, Illinois U.S.A.

MERCHANTSCREDIT.COM TRYING TO COLLECT A DEBT THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN PAID KEWANEE Illinois

I was contact by this company about a visa card that was paid off by my mortgage company back in 2003. I tried to explain this to the women on the phone but she refused to listen and stated that it was up to me to confirm that this debt was paid in full. When I asked for information about my account they said that they had purchased the debt from another collection agency and did not have access to my records, that I would have to write a letter requesting this information from the original creditor. Which I have done.

P. swift
kewanee, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/23/2008 08:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MERCHANTSCREDITCOM/KEWANEE-Illinois-61443/MERCHANTSCREDITCOM-TRYING-TO-COLLECT-A-DEBT-THAT-HAS-ALREADY-BEEN-PAID-KEWANEE-Illinois-1033074. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MERCHANTSCREDIT.COM