Complaint Review: MERRICK BANK - VISA

• Submitted: Tue, January 12, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, January 12, 2010

• Reported By: anonymous — oakland California United States of America
101 CROSSWAY PARK WEST WOODBURY, New York United States of America

I have been charged outrageous fees and interest rates. They have closed my account without notice because I was supposedly over the limit but this supposed over the limit was created by my "new"interest rate and multiple card fees not due to my failure to pay my bill or purchases made. I have been paying this card off for 3 years and yet my balance is continuing to go up due to the fees and outrageous interest rates. I spoke to Charlotte Jameson and she was unable and unwilling to provide me with an address for the bank headquarters so I could complain. She yelled at me and said really rude things to me when I repeatedly requested a physical address. I notified her that she was required by law to provide me with a physical address, she stated I gave you the fax number and that was all I needed. Well I never asked for a fax number I asked for the corporated headquarters address and she was adamant that none existed..?? huh? no physical address how did they incorporate and in which state are the incorporaterd? She was unwilling to provide me with any information about the incorporation address or the corporate officers and how I could contact them. I was under the impression that corporate officers were required to make certain contact information available as a requirement for incorporation. I found this website www.merrickbanksucks.com, I made a complaint to all of the departments listed on this page including the FDIC. I hope this helps.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2010 08:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MERRICK-BANK-VISA/WOODBURY-New-York-11797/MERRICK-BANK-VISA-SCAMMERS-UNCONSCIONABLE-FEES-AND-CONTRACT-TERMS-UNRESPONSIVE-CUSTOMER-552986. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MERRICK BANK - VISA